How many Hornworms to feed Beadie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a delivery of 25-30 Hornworms today. How many should I feed her per feeding? Im not sure about my dragon's age but she is almost 19 inches long now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Horn worms grow really fast so I would keep them in a cooler area to stop them from growing so fast - like a window sill if its cold where you are at - horn worms are a hydrating worm so I only feed 2-3 at a time --- if you feed too many you will get runny stools -- to be honest I never order that many at a time -- usually 24 max but mostly 12 at a time ----------- I have a 6.5 month old that I cant feed huge horn worms to and a almost 2 yr old that can eat the large ones and believe me they get big --
Karrie

Peach

Hatchling Member
I usually only buy a few at the time too. Even tiny ones will be giants within a week. I use them as treats (every few weeks) and when I buy a pack of five or so, I'll give him one a day till they are gone.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Peach":36db1hih said:
I usually only buy a few at the time too. Even tiny ones will be giants within a week. I use them as treats (every few weeks) and when I buy a pack of five or so, I'll give him one a day till they are gone.
Same - they do get ginormous really quickly! They're very soft-bodied, though, so they don't have to follow the usual "space between the eyes" food size rule. Just use reasonable judgement on just how big a hornworm your beardie can manage well. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom