Only wanting greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of about a week ago, my girl Naminé decided to cut back on crickets. She started to only eat a few at a time and now she refuses to eat them at all. All she wants are greens. What should I do about this??

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Have you tried to offer other insects? Sometimes they get tired of the same thing and all it takes is a little variety to re spark their interest. I recommend trying out black solider fly larvae, dubias or orange head roaches, or silkworms to see if this will interest her

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
How old is she?

It's normal for them to eat more greens and less insects as they get older, but if she's still too young to go "vegetarian", then it might be a good idea to try something that's easier to catch, as MsCarter suggests.

We have the opposite problem with our 4 year old beardie -- likes bugs, greens not so much. It's good that yours likes greens :)

VaultDwelling

Original Poster
SHBailey":21e3gcih said:
How old is she?

It's normal for them to eat more greens and less insects as they get older, but if she's still too young to go "vegetarian", then it might be a good idea to try something that's easier to catch, as MsCarter suggests.

We have the opposite problem with our 4 year old beardie -- likes bugs, greens not so much. It's good that yours likes greens :)
Hello. Sorry for the late reply! Naminé is a few months away from being a year old.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Just as SHBailey mentioned, many tend to let you know when they are ready for more greens and less protein. As long as your baby has good temps, lighting, and is otherwise behaving normal and not loosing weight I would allow her to decide if she's ready for greens to make up the bulk of her diet. Since she is slightly under a year old I would continue to offer a protein meal once everyday she's still a growing girl and needs some protein in her diet. If the crickets aren't spiking her interest try to switch it up with a different Insect. At her age you can try out superworms as well. Superworms and hornworms are two feeders that are famous for ending hunger strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom