scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
where do you get scales for weighing bearded dragons or other reptiles? how much did you pay for them? i would like to have one but when i searched for them all i found was for horses. Grr

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks for the links. im probably going to end up going to staples or office depot and seeing if they have one. if not (which is pretty unlikely) i will order one off one of the websites you provided.

thanks! :D

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I get the local staples and office depot in price wars with each other. I got a 500 gig external hd for $85 once. Gotta love the camera phones!
The postage scales may be cheaper, tho.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i looked on their websites, both of them have the cheapest ones are about 85 dollars. the links have much cheaper ones.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Diamc, on the links you gave which do you think is best? i like the first one shown on the second link best but im just wondering if there is a better one or if that would work fine.

i know, im a worry wart. :roll:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, that's a big price difference... I would go for the one's that are for pets, in this case. The one's on the second link refer to some of them as 'pocket scales' so I would be afraid it would be too small for an adult dragon to sit on.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks Diamc, that sounds good.

good thing about snakes, im planning on gettting two soon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That would be the best choice then so you can weigh all of them. :wink: Will help you get your "money's worth."

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Mine came from the office stuff at walmart. It is a postage scale and was about $25 and it works great

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
This is the one that I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRASHIP-35-DIGITAL-SHIPPING-SCALE-POSTAL-POSTAGE-w-AC_W0QQitemZ120319409012

It weighs up to 35 pounds, registers in lbs:eek:z, kg or grams. It is accurate to 1 gram measurement. It also has a tare function, so you can set something bigger on it (like a bowl or whatever), hit tare which zeroes it out, and then set the animal on it. It has an AC plug and I've used it for years. It is $25 with free shipping and I bought it from that seller on ebay. I use it for selling stuff on ebay and also for weighing my lizards and even my cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom