Other pet reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
northruprj":xa1ex2a8 said:
So I obtained a bigger enclosure for my middle size FNL and I have been able to keep the humidity level pretty even at 55-60. I have taken "kingofnobbys" advice and purchased a top of the line t5ho lighting fixture and a basking lamp. I have noticed that she doesn't like the temp above 100 so I know for sure that 110 is way too hot for FNL's. How about air circulation.?. The new enclosure didn't seem to me that it had enough ventilation holes at the top so I drilled 12 3/8" holes but I am curious to know how I can tell. Any thoughts? The living space for her is 3'x2'x4' however, the entire enclosure is 3'x2'x7'. It was built for and housed a beardie as I am told. I must say also at this point that I value and have used the advice I have been given on this site and our "babies" have shown a noticeable difference in their personalities and attitude for the lack of better terms.

Some plastic cupboard vents down low in the enclosure as well as some high in the warm zone will promote good air interchange.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
northruprj":arxjara3 said:
How about air circulation.?. The new enclosure didn't seem to me that it had enough ventilation holes at the top so I drilled 12 3/8" holes but I am curious to know how I can tell. Any thoughts? The living space for her is 3'x2'x4' however, the entire enclosure is 3'x2'x7'. It was built for and housed a beardie as I am told. I must say also at this point that I value and have used the advice I have been given on this site and our "babies" have shown a noticeable difference in their personalities and attitude for the lack of better terms.
When I built my (ZARDOZ') enclosure (5' x 2' x 2.5'H), I installed four 3"Ø vents along the top, figuring I'd add more along the bottom of the cold side if/when needed (they never were). Behind the vent at the hot end, I installed a thermostatically-controlled ultra-quiet muffin fan (perfect fit) w/ vibration absorbers. I keep the enclosure at 80°F (cool) to 90°(hot). If the temp rises above 90°, the fan turns on until it drops to 88°. Cool side always stays at 78° to 80° by itself. There are enough cracks around the sliding glass doors (I'm a terrible cabinetmaker) to provide air changes when the fan kicks on.

I got the fan setup from The Cooler Guys. They helped me set it up (which components I needed--they were very helpful & understood what I was trying to do) over the phone, and the price was quite reasonable.

It looks like this: (Temps shown are Celsius)
105703-5098756524.jpg
(That's not tape on the probe--just a reflection off of the glass doors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom