Please help Faye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Latest update.

We got Faye her new terrarium. Now both our lizards are separated with their own conditions and stuff. I'm hoping this makes a big difference in her. Today didn't look so good. Still swollen eye. Still not eating. Both eyes are always closed now. I can't wait to get her to a set tomorrow.

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Is she drinking water? If it has been several days you may have to force feed her something to keep her strength up, going to the vet is very stressful for mine, add being dehydrated and undernourished and it makes it very distressing. Good luck at the vet. I have tons of experience giving oral meds and force feeding and such. Don't hesitate to ask, I think she looks pretty good and has a pretty good girth in spite of her eye owees. She sure is beautiful. Good thing you caught it right away. 8) Crank up the heater in your car!!!!!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Awww, what pretty girl you have! :love5: I hope the vet is a good one for reptiles and can give you some answers you so desperately need! I can see in the picture where it is swollen, discolored and bruised looking around her eye. :( Is it weepy?? My guess is she's got something in there that's not coming out or she's scratched her eye somehow and it's too painful to open. It could've been King climbing over her head and she took a claw to the eye by accident! Only the vet will be able to get a really good look at it. :? She looks very healthy in spite of the eye trouble! Faye & King will do much better apart as much as it hurts your heart now to do it. King is a very handsome guy too! Please let us know how things go tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's nothing serious! Good Luck! <3

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
King is taking to having his enclosure all to himself quite well. As for Faye, she seems a little confused with the new setup. I'm worried about her since she's pretty much walking about blind right now. Her eye only weeped one day. I haven't seen anything else since. Although i can't really pry her eye open since I assume it's crusted over again. She hasn't eaten at all today. thank god she had enough girth to her prior to getting sick. Thanks for all the support everyone.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
i spoon fed her yesterday and the day before. she managed to get a little something in her stomach. today, she won't touch it which makes me thing she's getting worst. As for her drinking, I know she lapped up bath water either yesterday or the day before. i've been giving her 2-3 bath daily right now just to make sure she stays hydrated and stuff. And trust me, once i c the vet, I will most likely have tons more of questions lol

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
oh trust me.. the vet will be getting a earfull lol.. i've never been this worried about anything in my life lol... my pets are my babies right now seeing as i'm still considered a youngling lol.. Only the best for my babies.. Just wish I had more selection in reptile vets where I live.. but beggers can't be choosers I guess lol

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
I have a few questions. As you all know I bought a second 30 gallon tank in order to separate Faye and King. I put Faye in the new tank. This tank said it came with a heated ceramic bottom. I plugged it in and unfortunately I don't think it works. So put a heating pad in it for the time being. However I don't think the heat is going up high enough. The cool side is only 80 degrees. As for the warm side is only about 91% and that's litterally under the basking lamp. How else can I bring the heat in the tank up for Faye. Add a second lamp? It's not like my other tank where I could put a repti cable under the tank to raise the heat. Any suggestions?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear of Faye's troubles. Do not worry about the heater being broken. It is not recommended that they be used for beardies, as they sense heat from above, not below, and could burn their tummies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Heating pads for beardies are a no-no. They don't sense heat on their bellies and can get burns. They don't feel it burning them so the don't get off it if it's too hot! I would say if the heating pad you got is one of the one-side-is-sticky types, mount it on a side wall near where she sleeps to add some night heat. You could leave it on all the time to warm up the tank more too. But definitely don't keep it INSIDE the tank!

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Until I get an outlet splitter I have two lamps running right now. It's not sending off a hole lot of heat since they are night bulbs but I think it will do for tonight till I figure out how to remedy the situation. Good to know not to add heating pads or that ceramic bottom heater. Good thing it's not really working I guess. Let's see what the vet says tomorrow.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Just contacted the vet. They are squeezing her in today at 2:00pm. She was pretty booked tight but i guess her squeezing me in means she's concerned enough about Faye's condition. I will let you all know how it goes.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Just got back from the vet. Things don't look so good. Turns out we did the right think by bringing her in today. Turns out she has an eye infection, a URI and an enflammed liver. The liver has a chance of being untreatable if it's the virus in question they believe it is. First step is to treat her eye infection with eye ointment antibiotics and the URI with oral antibiotics. Vet was concerned for poor Faye. Says there's a chance she might be too far gone but we're giving it our best shot. She wants to see us again in 2-5 weeks. We booked an appointment for June 18th.

Although in all this sadness, there was a ray of light today. After the vet gave her a shot of vitamin a supplement orally, she seemed to perk up in the sunlight. Once they administered the oral antibiotics and eye antibiotics, she managed to open her good eye on numerous occasions and was seen attempting to open the bad one. She even bathed in the sunlight and enjoyed every minute of it. It almost seemed like it rejuvenated her. Little did I know that half an hour of sunlight equals 12 hours of uvb light. She really enjoyed the car ride and the sunlight. I might just do it more often. At least until we get the proper tube light.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Latest update: still unactive but at least tonight I managed to get about 1 teaspoon worth of puree in her system. She seems to be doing better now that she is back in her old tank with two lamps. The heat is really good now. She felt warmer than she has all week. It was nice to see. I'm clinging to hope that she is going to get better. I must ask however, is it normal for a beardie to open it's mouth wide open and keep it open for long periods of time? Is it a sign of it being too hot for them? She's done that twice today, once in the car and once in her cage. I find it slightly funny and cute but all the while i'm curious as to what it may indicate about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom