Please help Faye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
thank you for posting that list.. Deffinitely takes out the guessing game out of what can and can't be giving. I always had questions on certain foods and now I know for sure. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Just thought I'd check in and give you guys an update.

Faye seems to be doing better. Her good eye is almost always open now when she moves, and her bad eye opens more frequently, not quite as often or for any extended period of time but there's progress. The swelling and bruising has also left to the point where you can once again see the pretty orange pigmentation of her skin color around her eye. Much better in my opinion. We are still giving her antibiotics and ointment everyday. She is also a little more active in the terrarium. Moving here and there as she pleases now that she can see a little more. She hasn't started eating by herself yet so we are still spoon feeding her but at this point I count every little improvement as a step in the right direction. I have a feeling Faye will make it out of this with lots of nurturing and care. I think that's about it. Ohh, and her latest favorite thing to do so it seems is bask under the light and have her mouth wide open. Kinda looks like she's smiling lmao. Makes me adore her even more and cherish her.

Well that's about it. If you have any particular questions, or advice, please don't hesitate to tell me. :D once again I take the time to thank you all for your advice and support. Wish I had found this site sooner. What a wonderfull sense of community it brings to the beardie lovers out there.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How is your beautiful Faye today?
Her eye is doing a lot better now? Does it appear to be clearing up I hope?
I think it sounds like she will be just fine though, you are doing a great job. Do keep us posted on her & if you need anything just let us know!

Tracie

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Unfortunately I haven't been home today. I just got in myself. I just just gave her her antibiotics, ointment and food. The swelling has in fact gone down and you can barely tell there was anything wrong with her eye in the first place. She had it open a few times today, and from what I can see there is deffinitely goop in her eye or something white. I'm hoping it's not blindness or anything and just goop that hasn't come out yet. I still worry about her all the time. Although she's starting to look better, not that she ever really didn't look good, she's still recovering and it's easy to see. She did not like me today when I was trying to feed her. She puffed out her beard and made it all black. Makes me feel bad.

a big blob of goop just just came out. She had her eye open too and it looks a little bit sunked in. Painfull most likely since she only momentarily opened it. I wish I knew for sure it would heal. Although I must say she's much more skeatish. I can barely hold her with her trying to escape or claw the crap out me. Is this a side of effect of being sick. I hope this is permanent.. She's never been this skittish...

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
My Fuzzy has been battling white goop in his eye and swelling, so is Hutch, for several weeks. They sink in their eyes when they hurt my vet says, its just fluid they move around in there-thats why they sink in when dehydrated....They have a slow metabolism, so sometimes healing can take a while, don't get discouraged, she is getting better slowly it sounds... :-D

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Fuzzy's eye is getting better, but unfortunately a side effect of healing is that it itches....Fuzzy rubs his eye on anything rough he can find and then it swells up again....I had to take out his bark hiding cave. He rubs his eye on the side of the aquarium and it stretches and looks hilarious when he does it through the glass.... :laughhard:

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Yeah Faye has been doing the same. It's kinda funny to see her rub her head against the glass.. She hasn't really rubbed it on anything else that I noticed. Although her ramming her head against the glass is bad enough lol. but like I said, I'll take any improvement over no improvement, and the fact that the gunk is coming out of her eye slowly but surely makes me a happy camper. Happy to hear I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. Hope Fuzzy gets better. lots of love from us all the way up here in Canada.

Fayethedragon

Original Poster
Latest update:

Great news. She is eating by herself again. I put in some mealworms yesterday just to see if she'd eat anything and this morning they were almost all gone. I'm so proud of her. The swelling in her bad eye is practically nonexistent. She has both her eyes almost always open now. She does have the odd period here and there where she closes her eye to soothe it i suppose. I hope fuzzy is doing well. hope you all had a good day :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great Faye is doing so much better now! Her eye is all healed up now?
I am glad the swelling is virtually gone. I am sure she is feeling so much better now.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom