falcor & tolkien's fun fotos thread *new pics pg 14*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, falcor is my first beardie. she has been doing this spring fever thing for close to a month now...driving me nuts! she eats barely anything and just wants to stare out the window and run around the house and try to climb walls!!! she eats next to nothing, only the occasional roach (1-3 per week!) absolutely wont go near her veggies (she used to LOVE her salads??!!!) and only eats baby food mixed with critical care!!!! last month she weighed in at 470 grams, now she's down to 461...hopefully she doesn't drop much more weight. :banghead: i've tried everything, superworms, hornworms, waxworms, butterworms, silkworms, NUTTIN! she looks at me like im crazy...which i possibly am!!!!! so, in my insanity, i made a comic strip to make myself feel better. plus, i'ver heard & seen people here like comic strips!!! so here ya go!

4-4-10falcor02.jpg

4-4-10falcor01.jpg

4-4-10falcor03.jpg

I had fun making that!!!

but, seriously, that is ALL she does....stares and stares hours upon hours out the window...!!!!! LOL

i will return with more comics!

do they ever return to their normal selves? or is it endless craziness here on out?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Falcor is adorable and your pics are super cute! I love how you have her setup by the window, I need to get an extra light and do that, although with 5 dragons, they would have to take turns!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi katrina!

i got lucky with the setup, really never was intended for a beardie, it just happened to be that way!!

i just placed a board as a bridge to the window so she could get to the screen. that is her window though...lol...she can get quite moody if the kitties get too close. there are lots of other windows for the kitties so she really doesnt have to worry all that much!! lol in fact, she is most happy when she has the ENTIRE room to herself lol, and i shut the door. she feels really safe then, and she's happier.

sheesh, spoiled beardies!!!!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Falcor looks great. I'm not sure which one of you had more fun though. :wink: Falcor with her adventures...you with your camera... :wink: Thanks for sharing your great pics.

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
oh, yep, we have lots of fun, me and my zoo. lol!!!

we all love being outside, so it works well. i look like a loon sititng there with my camera though and talking to all the critters!!! LOL...just keep walking by, its that crazy cat-lizard lady again!!!

that camera is a hog on batteries though...i wish it wasnt, i'd take even more pics!!!

i like your logo, i grew up/lived most of my life about 20 miles north of pittsburgh, LOVE the steelers of course, still do. i wish i was able to watch more games up here, it was always fun watching the steelers on sunday growing up, it was a 'cult' in my neighborhood lol! vikings will never compare to the steelers, EVER. lol!!!

i will have more pics, have to go buy some batteries though...grrrrrrr.....

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
We spend a good bit of time outside too. And the battery hungry camera drives me nuts! Why didn't I get one with a rechargable battery? :banghead: :angry5: Oh well.

Growing up near Pittsburgh means that the Steelers are in your blood, and always will be. We have lived in many places and never have I seen such a devoted town to their team as Pittsburgh is to the Steelers. There is always a sea of Black 'n Gold clothing on the Pittsburgh people; it doesn't matter the time of year or how well the team is doing, we support it ALL THE TIME.

Oh, and I can't wait to see more of your pics!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
happy birthday little girl falcor! you're my sweetheart!!!

i can't believe its been a year already with my little friend. it's been a heck of a year learning and growing with her. i hope she is as happy with me as i am with her. i feel very lucky and grateful to be with her, and am so happy to have the opportunity to have one of these amazing little creatures, they really are special.

falcor and i would like to thank everyone here who have helped us along the way, i've practically learned everything i know so far about beardies thanks to the wonderful people who belong to this site.

i hope to have many more years with my friend.

falcor then...

bday-falcor02.jpg

falcor now! ...
bday-falcor01.jpg

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Happy-Birthday-Animated-35-1MBCJ2GR.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCOR!

It's amazing how much they change in a year isn't it? Falcor has grown into one beautiful beardie!

fez09

Extreme Poster
:blob5: :blob8: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALCOR!!!!! :blob5: :blob8:

I love the baby pics next to the current pics, I am blown away by how much they change so quickly! She is lucky to have you as her slave!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
falcor & i thank you both, jen & katrina!

it is really crazy, i cant believe they grow that fast...and i thought kittens & puppies grew fast...wow!

she's still my little girl though, the first and best beardie ever for me!

we went outside for a walk yesterday for her birthday, and falcor made the FLATTEST pancake i have EVER seen her do....it was the funniest thing to see her like that! a birthday pancake!!! lol and, of course, didnt have my camera to picture it!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
falcor has reached the 20 inch mark, i'm so happy!!!! and she weighs a whopping 540 grams!! :eek:

i didnt measure her for the longest time, because she is now a year old, and she has been 19.5" for a long time now, so i figured she wouldnt be growing much anymore, guess i was wrong!

when are beardies 'officially' adults, and at what age do most stop growing? i just love these critters, and when i figure out my home situation here, i plan on getting another...its soooo hard to resist getting one right now though. but, i have to be patient, and i'm not so sure how much falcor will appreciate me getting a sibling for her lol, cause right now, she's miss queenie. LOL

well, here are some new pics as promised.

i shall become the giant-est of all female bearded dragons!!! (i hope anyhow!)
7-11-10falcor3.jpg

how can you resist my charm?
7-11-10falcor2.jpg

can i have just 1 more superworm, pleeeeease? can't you see i'm withering away here?
7-11-10falcor.jpg

pancake + stink-eye = get me outta here, i don't wanna be in here today!!!
7-11-10falcor4.jpg

thanks for dropping by!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi there, :wave:
I've just read through all your posts, and it was most enjoyable........love the pics......love the comics..........and Falcor is a beauty. Just love the "I feel pretty" and the pancake/stinkeye pictures, what a ham.
You spoke about your camera batteries, have you tried the lithium batteries? They are more expensive, and I get them in a big pack at BJ's, or Sam's etc. Well worth the money, and they last longer.
Beardies are adults at 18 months, so she still has some growing time.............20" and 540grams shows she's on the road to becoming a "puggy muffin." :wink:
Also, I know how addictive beardies can be.....I have 7, (their threads are below, except for My pringle, Mica's thread) yes, it's like I betcha can't have one.......they are so precious. If your thinking of a new beardie, Barb on this site is a very caring breeder, she has babies now. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110033&start=1410 not trying to tempt you, just take a look. :laughing6:
Keep up the great work, your doing a good job with Falcor.

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi there, oh yes, falcor loves the attention.

i took her out to petco this past saturday, as it was 'reptile day' there at the store.
lots of people learned new things, the petco attendants of the reptiles learned also,
i'm glad we went! you should've seen her, her belly was so creamy-white, and she
had her happy bright yellow colors on. she loves to go on adventures!

everyone loved her, and she loved them back! kids were talking and petting her,
and some of us 'older' kids the same. i was the only one there who brought in their
adult pet beardie though :( i was hoping there would be more herp-enthusiasts there, but
no such luck. all i saw were dogs everywhere. the attendent just LOVED falcor, she's been
wanting a bearded dragon for a long time. and it was fun, because i've now found a
reptile friendly beardie-sitter, for when i'm out of town! i told her to join this site,
there are alot of good breeders here, with excellent pricing, and all kinds of color morphs.
and all the information and help you could ever need. so hopefully someone here will
sell a dragon! :blob5:

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
awww glad you guys had fun! i dropped by my petco but i was too early i think and they weren't doing that just yet and i had to go but i was hoping to find more reptile people in my area as well, but its good they learned a thing or two about proper care...
i look forward to reading more of Falcor's adventures!!
Jordan, Phoenix, and Juuji :mrgreen:

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
A hello there to Jordan, Phoenix & JuuJi and beardie osk from Falcor! :wave:

Yes, it was good education for all at Petco. I talked them about their beardie setups... :twisted:
so now I will be seeing if they listened and things have changed...we shall see...sux because i know
they are following stupid corporate rules, so i'm not getting my hopes up :roll: the only thing i think
i can do, and did, is spread awareness. so i feel i did something good this past saturday bringing
falcor in :)

We also went over to caribou coffee afterwards, so people there got to see her too.
I told them she couldn't have any coffee though. :lol:
They didnt want me to leave, they liked her too much!!! I had to go though, cause I
didnt want falcor out too long, she's already ridiculously spoiled!!! and she gave me
a puff of her beard when i put her back in her cage afterwards LOL!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Glad to hear your Petco trip went well, and it will be interesting to see if they follow your helpful hints, they are suppose to follow the "corporate office" rules, (who really don't know what there doing.) What a good girl Falcor was to be out for the day and behave so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom