falcor & tolkien's fun fotos thread *new pics pg 14*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, falcor is my first beardie. she has been doing this spring fever thing for close to a month now...driving me nuts! she eats barely anything and just wants to stare out the window and run around the house and try to climb walls!!! she eats next to nothing, only the occasional roach (1-3 per week!) absolutely wont go near her veggies (she used to LOVE her salads??!!!) and only eats baby food mixed with critical care!!!! last month she weighed in at 470 grams, now she's down to 461...hopefully she doesn't drop much more weight. :banghead: i've tried everything, superworms, hornworms, waxworms, butterworms, silkworms, NUTTIN! she looks at me like im crazy...which i possibly am!!!!! so, in my insanity, i made a comic strip to make myself feel better. plus, i'ver heard & seen people here like comic strips!!! so here ya go!

4-4-10falcor02.jpg

4-4-10falcor01.jpg

4-4-10falcor03.jpg

I had fun making that!!!

but, seriously, that is ALL she does....stares and stares hours upon hours out the window...!!!!! LOL

i will return with more comics!

do they ever return to their normal selves? or is it endless craziness here on out?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Falcor sure looks pretty on her fleece, she sure has a bright yellow when she's happy. :D So she's got spring fever? Isn't it funny how you get to know what your beardie is going to do? This winter has been strange, no-one brumated until after Christmas & now they're mostly snoozing away. Rubio fell off his bed (he sleeeps in his fleeces on top of his hide), so that woke him up. Gave him water, he watched some TV (I swear, they're all TV addicts now) and now he's snoozing again. Didi can't decide to be up or asleep, he woke up this am just b4 I left for work, so I'll check him more carefully tomorrow. I was off work on Monday, so I put different sized roaches in a plastic container & offered them to Didi & Leo; Leo turned up his nose, I have to put them in his mouth b4 he'll eat them, and he prefers supers, but Didi grabbed the biggest roach (they sure get big as adults :shock: ) and chomped it down. I think it filled him right up, as he didn't eat anything else. Leo, as usual, is up every morning, hardly moves & isn't eating much, but never misses his TV cartoons. :lol:

Tolkein's still sleeping, :sleepy2: He's a good size for his age. He just might surprise you by growing a bit more before he's 2. Wonder what he'll be like when he finally wakes up, they're all so different. It'll be nice when all four of my boys are awake, more work b4 I go to work, but they're worth it.

Thanks for sharing,
Deb

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol that cracks me up deb, now all your beardies are addicted to that darned square box!!!! :laughhard:

yes, falcor is going nuts again, she WILL NOT stay in her cage, she wants out pretty much the minute she wakes up in the morning. she sits under her bulb, just enough to warm up, then its DANCE DANCE DANCE TAP TAP TAP on the glass time, until i take her out. she is so funny, cause sometimes i'll just sit there and look at her, she looks at me back, looks at the handle...like, 'what are you waiting for, can't you see i want out of this dang cage???' then we sit there some more, then she comes to the glass and taps on it with her nose, and then she usually wins by now, and gets to come out to play and run around. she has no interest in live food, even barely touches her greens. she darts around the house, then up the ramp to her window, then back to darting around the house till she can't do it anymore, she has crazy energy for a bearded dragon, i swear. LOL. when she gets back to her window, you can see her breathing so hard, i would be too the way she runs around...lol...the cats even follow her about like 'what the heck are you doing???' the look on their faces is hilarious, they are totally confused by it all. :?

she will continue this until about 2 in the afternoon, then she finally gets to her window and calms down. relaxing and staring out into space, then come around 4, she wants me to tuck her in under her blankey and she dozes off to sleep slowly till dark.

its only FEBRUARY..... :shock: she is about 2 months ahead of spring-fever schedule!!! LMAO!!!!
she is really confused by the weather here in texas, as she was used to minnesota weather, extremely different from one another!!!

well, i had fun typing that! hope you all enjoyed reading, she's a character for sure. tolkien is not as energetic right now, he's still snoozin along :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Falcor isn't the only one up & running, she sounds like what Sweetie used to do, there was no holding her back, she wanted OUT OUT OUT. Hopefully your girl isn't going to start the egg laying thing, hopefully she just wants to have FUN!

Lonzo & Rubio are still sound asleep,Rubio keeps moving around so wakes up for a few seconds, then he's asleep again. Didi & Leo are getting up daily now, so that's nice that I have 2 to spoil & cuddle.

Tell Falcor that she'll get over spring fever soon enough, but expect her to lose some weight. I always make sure mine have a good extra 100g on them in the summer, just so when they wake up & start their crazy spring fever they'll have extra to burn off.

It will be fun when Tolkein's awake, too. He's a big boy now so he'll probably be bearding his reflection, the furniture, you, and whatever else he sees. They're so funny & so full of energy when they've had their sleep.
Deb

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
How's Miss Falcor today, I'm having the same reaction from my Scarlett. Racing around, and jumping off her ledges in her viv like she's a gazelle. Pyrex was black bearding and head bobbing as well, and no one could even see each other, sping is in the air! :wink:

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi christine & deb,

falcor is the same, still wanting out and zipping around the house like crazy. she is even purposely running up to the kitties now, like she knows she can scare them and boss them around, it's pretty funny to watch.
the looks on the kitties faces are priceless lol. she's been eating her collard greens pretty well the last few days actually. still no interest in any live bugs. i give her plenty of water, and some sweet potato baby food to keep her hydrated, she really loves the baby food. i only do the baby food thing when she doesnt eat much, just some extra vitamins and pep to keep her happy. i bet if i bought some of those lovely green hornworms, she'd munch a few of them down. she really likes the color green lol. she really is fearless during spring fever, scares me sometimes, i opened her cage yesterday and she just literally 'flew' out of it, luckily i caught her in the air, that would have been quite the fall. she thinks she can do anything, crazy girl!!!

its comforting to know falcor isnt the only crazy one right now! i think punxsutawney phil is wrong on his prediction this year, our beardies know better and say an early spring for sure!!!! LOL!!!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Everyone is still crazy around here too, zipping around.........Scarlett jumped off her ledge, did a complete head over heels somersault in mid air, and landed on her feet, I couldn't believe it when I saw it, thus there's a pillow in that spot now. How's things going with your brood?

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi christine, you have an acrobatic beardie!! i can't believe she landed on her feet!! thats good you put a pillow there!!
falcor keeps me on edge with her craziness, i can't believe how you make it through with all of your beardies

it was such a nice day today, i had falcor outside walking around on her leash, she loves doing that. although she always attracts the local hawks, which i hate, there are
way too many of them around here, so we are both always looking above us, long as she's close by to me she's alright.
falcor got her weekly bath tonight, so i took some pics of her. you can see how much weight she's lost in the pictures below, almost a complete gram gone. but she was really hungry
this morning, eat all of her greens and had 5 superworms!! she is still really active, but coming out of her spring hunger-strike finally...time to fatten her up again!!!

...tolkien is still snoozin along...lol...!! zzzzZZZZZZZ

2-22-12A.jpg

2-22-12E.jpg

2-22-12D.jpg

i'm a wrinkly prune now!!!!
2-22-12C.jpg

ahh, another fleece blankey, spring-green!! snuggle timezzz!!!
2-22-12B.jpg

hope everyone else has a grip on this spring fever stuff!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What great pics, I like the one where she's looking up as if she's saying "so what's up mom?" She such a pretty yellow colour & she doesn't look skinny at all. I'm glad she's eating though, it'll get her through the rest of Spring Fever.

I wish I had spring fever happening here. Didi & Leo bob each other in between cartoons, I let Didi out of his tank every morning & he sits very comfortably at the top of the ramp under the power sun there. I have to put him back in his tank when I'm leaving for work, can't leave him out for hours, that won't work.

Rubio & Lonzo are still snoozing away, too. I get them up on Friday am for water, but I'm sure they'll be back sleeping within a few hours. I do like to get them out running around the living room when I wake them up, but by early afternoon they're snoozing again. They were really late brumating & it's been rainy & overcast for a few weeks now (that's what I get living near Vancouver, it's rain-forest area), so that might also be why.

Leo hasn't lost any weight, but Didi has. He was 430g when he had his little sleep but he's now 390g, he loses weight really quickly but he's not much into eating, so days he won't eat bugs or greens I give him babyfood, too. His favourite is chicken/veg & sometimes he'll eat a bit of butternut squash. I keep telling him to eat, eat, eat, but he won't. I keep trying daily anyway so he doesn't lose too much weight. I might start giving him some Carnivore Care (like Critical Care but with more protein), as last time he went on a hunger strike, that's what made him start eating again.

So give Falcor a big hug from us, you won't be able to stop her from her running around & glass dancing but at least she's starting to eat again.

When Tolkein gets up, give him a big hug, too :D
Deb

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Yay for new pics! She looks very happy in her bath, sweet little thing. I wish it was nice enough here to take them out, still a few more months :?
Have a great day!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Those pics of Falcor are priceless, love her coloring and her peeking out of her blankie.....................Isn't it amazing how they look to us for safety when there's impending danger? It's nice to know that mom is close when the hawks are around...........Ya, mom!!!!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hello again everyone, good news, mr. tolkien has awakened!!!

he's eating his veggies and a few bugs, and took the biggest poo i've ever seen...i can't believe it actually came from him... :shock: LOL ...falcor's poos are way smaller!!

he's happy, but he's still a little groggy and a little grumpy at times. he had a nice long bath today too and even went outside for some good ol natural sunshine! he's way more timid and cautious then falcor is, always making sure i'm around him, it's very cute! i have to remember that he's still a little baby and still learning alot of things, i'm hoping he'll come out of his 'shell' soon!

oh, and for some reason he looks like he has grown some, his head looks bigger to me, and his tail too, do beardies grow while they brumate? i suppose they could, why not? i'm going to measure and weigh him tomorrow, he looks like he hasnt lost a gram, and possibly has grown some instead!

pictures of the tolkien-man soon to follow!!! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay!!

How awful that it took this long for him to wake up! I don't know what I would have done if Naughtica slept until just now!

Can't wait to see pictures.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom