Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The photos I promised have arrived!

Can you spot her? This is how she curled up and slept all night!
DSC_0895.jpg

Basking, finally!
DSC_1003.jpg

Cooling off after a good 10 minute gaping session :roll:
DSC_1006.jpg

"Oh I see you, little worms"
DSC_1009.jpg

"Give me more food!"
DSC_1011.jpg

She seems quite a bit better today, hopefully even better tomorrow and the enxt day as she adjusts to her new set-up. She's still only had 16 worms today, but that's better than 0 right?
Thanks guys!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Today baby spent a lot of her time sitting on her rocks, they're about 12 inches under her basking light. They warm up slightly, as rocks do, but provide absolutley no UVB from this position as her log blocks it.. she seems attached as Christina suggested, and I may have to remove these temporarily so she understand that the log is better for her.. good idea? OR should I keep it as she likes it there? She spent a lot of today right here doing this:

"I'm so proud of myself, I'm super spikey."
DSC_0995.jpg

I hope you like her photos guys! She loves posing for you!

MissT

BD.org Addict
LOL! Look at her lovely spikes! Huff feels threatened by Travis but I tell him that he is a much better man because Travis doesnt have real spikes LOL!

At least she is now sitting on the warm side... that is a big improvement :D

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hahaha oh Travis and Huff are adorable!! I can't wait to get this baby nice and fat and healthy, and then eventually another beardie :roll: .. beardie fever!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, what an improvement a day makes. :p Eating AND basking, that's great. You must feel so much better. You know, even her eyes look brighter now. If she still wants to sit on the rocks tomorrow, might be a good idea to remove them, don't want to stress her out but hopefully without them she would bask & absorb the UVB for a longer period of time.

I love her spikes too and the way she tilted her head to look at the worms. She is just adorable!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

She looks so cute, those are great pictures. :D
She is looking a lot better & much happier now & alert. That was relatively fast, too.
Did she eat the worms she was watching?

The only other thing you could do is to be sure & put a fixture around the UVB light to help direct the light more downward towards her & place it directly overhead.
It looks like things are improving a lot for her now.

Tracie

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Well hello there Nathan... :) ...sorry it took me so long to post here in your thread.
She is looking good...love the smiling basking pic's!
And the smooch-able belly! :love5:

I was also thrilled to read that she liked the Phoenix worms... :D

Psst....that was sweet and a very nice compliment... :love5: .... thank-you Miss T! :)

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3tfvulw8 said:
Hello!

She looks so cute, those are great pictures. :D
She is looking a lot better & much happier now & alert. That was relatively fast, too.
Did she eat the worms she was watching?

The only other thing you could do is to be sure & put a fixture around the UVB light to help direct the light more downward towards her & place it directly overhead.
It looks like things are improving a lot for her now.

Tracie
Haha thanks, she's a little cutie isn't she!
I wish I could hang the UVB overhead, but unfortunately I can't find any 'hanging' hooks as such, and I had to on little cippy things above before, but it was 10 inches away, so I think this is my best bet.
She does look a lot better! However, after she had those 15 worms yesterday in her first feeding, I guess she wasn't hungry and didn't have any for the rest of the day, so all them 2 worms got was just a look!

I do feel better haha! I'm so happy she got some food in her, and I'll be even more happy if she can eat some more today! I'm off to school now, thanks guys.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, just an update! I woke up for school this morning, turned on her lights at about 7:30, and took off her blanket. I picked her up and layed her on me for a bit, she's alwasys so still for about 15 minutes after she wakes.
I placed her ontop of her log, and within 5 minutes she had craweld down and was walking around on the floor. She then slipped under the edge of the root, as it had about a 2 inch high gap between that and the floor.

I'm not home yet but my brother just text me, at 12:00, and apparently she's still sitting there, with her eyes wide open... What can I do? Why does't she like to come out ? :cry:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Nathan, Travis' lights went on at 7.45 this morning. He only moved to his basking spot half an hour ago - I was giving him until 1pm before I moved him and he really left it until the very last moment! Silly boy! Somedays they are just lazier than others. Would your brother be able to put her up on the basking spot? Even if she doesnt stay, at least he is showing her that is where she should be.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's an idea, I'll ask him to from now on.

I came home today, and found her again sat on her little rock! Apparently she laid under the log for a few hours, and then moved to her rocks.. which are out of the way of the UVB light and don't get much heat.

However, she did eat another 11 phoenix worms off of him about 2 hours ago, and 3 more off me just now. So that's a good sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom