Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's always a wish to mate them, they'd make such cute babies, but you're right, it's expensive to raise the little boogers. It's fun to watch their interactions but you have to be strong! I'm glad Cyrus gave you a poop, it's always difficult when you worry about that. Lia looks so comfy in her tank, glad to see that. Way to go Nathan, you have 2 happy bearies!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha thanks a lot Deb, yeah I know, don't you just wish, especially with your cute guys, you could haha?! They'd be such pretty colours!
Yeah, I didn't do much though, Lia just settled herself in, and now she's fine and happy, and I think they like each other, neither had stress marks, so I'll continue to let them see each other!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, it's Friday so I did my weekly weigh ins and I'm surprised with both my babies!

Firstly, Cyrus was eating well the past 3 days, having maybe 20 worms a day, and salad when offered from my hand, so I was expecting maybe 5g increase or something as he has been starving himself the whole rest of the week. But he's been a good boy! He's gone from 330g to 353g, so that's a 23g increase! :eek:

Then Lia, I've been giving her about 2 worms a day, and offering her collard greens daily and she doesn't even lick them, so she's not had much at all, but has still gone from 464g to 484g, so that's a 20g increase - somehow haha! Any tips on getting her to eat salad guys? Cyrus was always good and did it since he was a little baby!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Nathan, good on Cyrus to be gaining weight again, glad he's eating alot as he was previously. For Lia, you just have to keep offering greens/veggies every day & keep just giving her the 2 worms a day, that's enough protein for an adult. As for the weight gain, I have no idea, I swear sometimes they just gain weight from air! I've weighed Rubio before, then 2 weeks later weighed him again and he'd gained weight without hardly any food, so it's a mystery, altogether :D :D :D Maybe she's just a big girl & her weight isn't that heavy a weight for a beardie. Leo, who's 18" long is the same weight, he's my fatty but he retains that weight no matter how little I feed him, so I think he just likes his weight the way it is! So don't fret, she's fine!
Deb

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha aww Leo, what a cutie. Yeah, I guess she may just be big. I'd estimate her around 18-19 inches if she had her full tail, her body is huuuge. I just wish she was more active. She seems to love the bath though, she doesn't stop running around in there, she only tends to use 2 arms though, her right arm and right leg, so she just goes in circles for about 10 minutes until she's exhausted and is panting uncontrollably bless her!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She'll get more used to exercise as time goes on, glad she likes to swim even if she's going around in circles, it's still exercise & great for her lungs. I'm wondering now if she ever got any exercise from her previous owner. That's why I like to hear about what you do with Cyrus & Lia as Cyrus gets around alot & get lots of exercise, so you'll see, as Lia gets more outside time, she'll get more sturdy. I mean look at my crew, they're all in good shape, especially Rubio, he's always trying to jump out of his tank, runs back & forth & when I put him out, he's only out for a few minutes & wants back in his tank. The others are the other way around, they're always glass dancing to get out, out, out! So I do my best by allowing them outside time as much as possible.

Take care!
Deb

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So guys, not really an update about the babies, but more about me! Last night, I had a dream that Cyrus and Lia were wondering around my room together, and then Cyrus suddenly bit her on the shoulder, about 3 times!! I woke up in a hot sweat for my little babies and had to go check on both of them, both still soundly asleep haha.. any one ever had nightmares about their little guys?

In other news, for the first time ever, I fell asleep with Lia on me last night! She was wrapped around my neck, like horizontally across my collar bones, while I was laying in bed watching tv. But it was only for about an hour, because I woke up at 1:48 (don't ask me why the exact time sticks in my head!) and for a few seconds had no clue what was going on haha. She was just sitting there completely asleep again!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, this one is an update about the babies!!

I got Lia out to come and have a swim for me, and while it was warming up I left her on my bed. I came back in, and saw that she had turned her head and was staring at Cyrus, and Cyrus has semi black bearded and was sat there arm waving at her haha. Why do you think that is? This is the first time that Lia has been held in front of Cyrus' viv, normally Cyrus is the one out and he gets to look in at her. Any ideas?

Also, in the bath, Lia started swimming really well for me today. Even began using that tail. She swam for practically a solid 20 minutes, so that's her exercise for the day! But also, despite eating hardly anything, she still gave me a nice big poo in the bath, and it was full of tiny little pieces of morio worms! The majority was gone, just tiny little millimeter pieces of them, what do you guys think? Thanks!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's either not chewing them enough or she isn't basking long enough to digest them all. Leo always has littlie pieces of worm in his poop, even though he basks most of the day & so does Rubio. I think the end parts of the tail can be the hardest to actually digest. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but as she's only eating 2 worms per day, it could eventually be an issue. Maybe it's time to introduce locusts to her, as they are softer. I know the worms are cheaper, but can you afford a few locusts. Is Cyrus having the same issue? See what you can do. Didn't you start a roach colony? They might also be better for Lia. Let me know.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I could try locusts I suppose, but yes, the worms are MUCH cheaper haha, and Cyrus is having no problems as of yet. I'd assume it wasn't enough basking time. The light that Lia came with isn't set up properly, and I haven't gotten around to moving it yet, it's aiming horizontally, instead of down onto a basking spot. But I need to cut the legs of the podium down first so the light doesn't get too close for her to touch. I'm sure that will fix it, thanks Deb!

Yeah, I started my roach colony on April 26th, so they've been breeding for about a month and a half now. They've had a hell of a lot of babies, and I have lots of adults, but I'm unsure whether it's enough to be feeding out of yet. I don't think it is unfortunately.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The only beardie who eats roaches here is Didi & he likes the females, so if you have alot of females, it won't do any hard to offer her one. If she likes them, you can alternate with worms most of the week & one day a roach. Just make sure you keep about 5 females to continue breeding at any given time. The babies grow really quickly! You'll have a great colony within a couple of months. So give that a try, Didi eats a female or male a week & if there's a bit juvie, I'll give him that instead. It turns out that Rocco, my gecko, isn't interested in roaches right now. I'm giving him crickets but he doesn't seem interested in those either. He just shed his tail, so I"m hoping he'll show some interest or Didi will get the crickets. I'll have to talk to Jake about Rocco, he hasn't really eaten in about 2 months on & off. Yet he still looks great! Go figure!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Hi Nathan! Just came to mark a place on your thread. I always see you on Fiz's and Deb's so I thought I would check out your babies. I'll try and backtrack a few pages soon and hunt for some pictures and basics. Can't wait to get to know your babies, too. :D

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha, thanks NeosMom, I'm glad you're interested, my 2 baby's love attention!

Cyrus is eating really well as of late, and as a result has started shedding becuase he's growing (I hope!). Lia unfortunatley has been starving for about 2 weeks now, poor girl is still refusing her salads, but eagerly eats her worms if I give them to her. However she is getting much more active. I had her out a few days ago while eating dinner, and she sprinted over to my mum's boyfriends lap and tried to jump on his plate haha, she's so quick she managed to get her front feet on before he could move her. She didn't stop that night! The thing that made them crack was that Cyrus could see Lia as she was at the front of her viv. Cyrus black bearded at her, and she began running from side to side in her viv, each time glass dancing and hitting the glass with her nose! It was adorable haha :lol:

We have a very strange coincidence... but very cute too! Cyrus and Lia both cracked yesterday and started shedding for me. Cyrus is shedding on his beard, and his left arm. Lia is shedding on her beard, and her left arm! They're like family :D

Cyrus' head
DSC_0175.jpg

Cyrus' arm (I love this picture, it looks like a little glove haha!)
DSC_0177.jpg

Lia's head (poor girl, it looks so painful for her!)
DSC_0178.jpg

Lia's little arm (this is the most painful thing for her I think, in the bath she constantly try's to itch it)
DSC_0179.jpg

Cyrus also looks as though the top of his head will begin to head soon, so he's doing really well! Thanks for reading guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom