Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha yeah sorry guys I meant to mention in my last post! I will stop her at 10 next time, maybe even 8, but I carried on today because it was her first time eating, so I wanted to give the little girl as much as her belly could take! But yes, I'll stop with so many of them.

As far as veggies go, pretty non existent, Cyrus will go mad for them if he see's a fresh lot of veg in there, but he tends to leave it for a couple days.. it's really hard to explain, he used to like it crispy, so I only ended up putting more veg in about 2 times a week, but every time he'd get crazy about it when he first see's it, and then he'd never touch his bowl for another week haha. I haven't offered Lia any today, but I'll put some next to her tomorrow before I go to school, I know she didn't want any last time I tried a few days ago.

And for Cyrus, yes he is nearly a year old, but he's still so small and thin, don't you think I should continue with more protein than veg still? I just thought it'd help him put on weight and fatten up a bit because he's worrying small to me.

I hope it is just his shed, I want my greedy piggy back! Thanks guys.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Nathan1995":11tifzwm said:
And for Cyrus, yes he is nearly a year old, but he's still so small and thin, don't you think I should continue with more protein than veg still? I just thought it'd help him put on weight and fatten up a bit because he's worrying small to me.

I hope it is just his shed, I want my greedy piggy back! Thanks guys.

YES at a year old and not fully grown, I would keep at the protein with him. Always offer the salads, but I do think he needs to grow some more, too.

Shedding is probably causing him to not be his normal self. Also having a new beardie around may keep him a little distracted, too - until he gets used to it!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Lia is so cute! I love the picture of her on the sofa, she's adorable! And it's great to hear that she's eating. She's probably settled in by now. By looks of how cozy she looked by the telephone lines and on the sofa, she looks pretty settled in! LOL. And oh Cyrus! At least I'm not the only one having trouble getting the little guys to eat. I can't wait until Fiz is a year old and I can cut down the bug intake. I'm soooooo tired of crickets. I want to switch over to superworms as soon as little Fizzy is big enough!

I know how you feel about Cyrus being "worringly small". Don't feel left out, Fiz is about the same age as Cyrus and A LOT smaller than him. Fiz isn't even 15 inches yet. But hopefully they'll both pick up eating and start growing!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha yeah she's coming on leaps and bounds, I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine soon! After eating like a horse today, hopefully she'll be a Champ and eat some salad for me tomorrow.

Haha oh really? I thought Fix was only like 8 months old or something, is he nearly a year? Cyrus' birthday is in 6 days haha, he'll hit the big 1. He's 17 inches long (mainly tail haha!) and weighs 240g. So he's pretty skinny I think, what's Fiz' measurements and age? Thanks for that Pumpkin, makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone haha :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Whoops, I thought Cyrus was 8-9 months old. My mistake! Yeah I think my counter on my signature is off, he's about 8 months (give or take a week or so) So wow Cyrus is an old dude! LOL. KD is about 16 inches and I believe he's maybe 9 months old. Well, I don't know their birthdates. I got them in October so that's... 8 months haha. But they were a couple of inches when I got them so they had to be a few weeks old at the least. And I've had Fiz for 8 months and he's 13 inches as of 36 seconds ago. He's kind of skinny too. But when you have a dragon that's 3-4 inches ahead of him and they were around the same size when they were babies is kind of worrying.

Wow I can't believe Cyrus is almost a year! Wow!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well Zeus is 15-151/2 inchs long with about 2-3 inch tail nip I don't have a weigher yet but he's pretty chubby I just bought him 500 supers so that will last about 4 weeks but yes Cyrus and lia are very beautiful n handsome I'm still debating if I want a second dragon or a uromatryx

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sweetie was 17" long at a year old & about the same weight. She grew another inch long by the time she was 2 & was only able 300g. She gained alot of weight her 2nd year, so by the time that year was done she was about 500g. So don't fret so much about Cyrus. Most beardies are about 18-20" long at full growth. Leo's 18" long & he's chubby at 486g, but he's also 5 years old. He was major skinny when he was found, about 2 yrs old & not even 300g. He'll pick up eating when he's ready. In the meantime, having Lia there is probably getting on his nerves. And when male dragons see a female they don't eat, they spend all their time bobbing, black bearding & stomping, so that doesn't surprise me. If you're worried about his weight, keep feeding him locusts, he'll eat more & gain more with those bugs than the superworms. So give that a try, then don't forget he's shedding his lips & that can be painful & irritating. Once that shed is done he'll be eating better, I"m sure.

You should be giving them fresh veggies/greens daily, whether they eat them or not. My crew won't eat worms if I feed them veggies/salad, it's like they can only eat one thing at a time. This am they filled themselves up with collard greens, no more room for anything else. So keep doing that daily, even if Cyrus used to like them crisp, I"m sure he'll like them fresh now.
Deb

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha yeah, Cyrus is an oldy now! Haha, I'm sure Fiz will catch up, you take great care of him.

Zeus - It's up to you, wether you have the time, money and effort to take care for the little guys, they need a lot bless them! And I know you know that, just reinforcing it :D

Deb - Oh really, I can't imagine Sweetie being skinny at all haha. Maybe Cyrus will follow that suit, and end up piling on the weight in his second year. And yeah, I guess I just gota grit my teeth and watch the bin fill up with bowl after bowl of uneaten salad again haha. I left them both a bowl today, and it's untouched now at 13:30. I gave Cyrus some worms, and he had about 10! So I'm very happy with him right now, he then went up and basked for a while, so looks like he may be getting used to them. I can tell his shed is bothering him, after he ate all his worms, I went to give him a stroke on the head, and he quickly flicked his head and hit my fingers away, so I'll leave his pretty little head alone for today and let it shed. He shed his lips, but it's still on his nose and halfway down his beard.
Lia didn't touch her salad either, but she ate worms again for me, so I've given her 8 and stopped today. I want her to loose weight so she can move around easier, poor girl, she seems to struggle. She can run around outside her viv when she wants no problem, up on her tippy toes like a little balerina, but she seems to move almost like a slug ( :lol: :lol: ) whenever she just wants to get herself comfy, or to move along her log, where as Cyrus moves swiftly and elegantly.

But either way, looks like Cyrus is beginning to adjust to his supers, and Lia is settling down. So I'm a happy dad!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha thanks Barbara!

So guys, today suddenly the sun came out, and it was about 70F so I decided to take Lia outside for the first time in her life! It was great, I got some pictures for you guys. She was fine, looking at the wonders of the world, showed off her sexy legs for a while, and then a red kite came up, and she instantly puffed her beard, opened her mouth and the bird flew off haha, unlike Cyrus, who just runs away, what a lady!

I also noticed that she had a few pieces of skin on her that looked like the were pre shed marks, but they almost had a blue tint to them. Is this retained shed? She doesn't like me touching her left hand or her tail, as she flicks them both away, so I guess it's uncomfortable for her. Is this just pre-shed and will come off soon?
DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

(It's hard to see her, but her beard has the same thing, almost a light blue colour)
DSC_0164.jpg

"I LOVE GRASS! :D"
DSC_0159.jpg

Then she decided she'd rather sit on her daddy
DSC_0162.jpg

But I also have a worry for her. I don't know wether it's due to her weight or that she's possibly blind or something. She was walking down a pillow earlier, and she lost her footing and fell onto her right side, quickly regained balance and slowly waddled off, but I'm just worried because I don't know what it is. What do you guys think? She also just started digging, and I suddenly got worried that she may be gravid haha, but then I thought that she hasn't been doing it at all all day, and just now she's tried to find somewhere to sleep (it's 7PM).

Cyrus seems to be adjusting well to the worms, he quickly snatched up about 15 from me today, but I couldn't give him any more because I'd have had none for Lia haha, so I'm off to the shop to get more for them both tomorrow. Lia ate her 10 again, but no salad for either of the babies today! Thanks guys, please answer :|

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
She is big and beautiful!! My Sunny is big and beautiful too, and recently just had the same type of shed. To me it looks like Lia is going in to a pre shed in those areas. Older beardies tend to shed in patches like that, small areas at a time instead of full body sheds. Sunny just shed one foot at a time this month and then part of her tail and head. Giving her lots of baths helps keep the skin hydrated thus making it easier for her to shed.

-Kaleen

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay cool, thanks Kaleen. I was sure it was pre shed, just normally would have been done by now with Cyrus, and just was unsure because she's obviously my first adult hehe. Thanks a lot, I'll just give her daily baths then!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Definitely preshed, which is why she doesn't want it touched. As for eggs, hard to tell, she's a big girl & would hide the fact. And for the tripping, it was just that, tripping. If she walks fine, then she just went down that pillow a bit fast, being so big doesn't help. Just keep an eye on her but she looks great! You really need to put her on a diet & you should hold off on worms until she's eaten some salad, even if it takes a few days. Adults don't need bugs every day and if she's going to lose weight, she needs salad more than bugs. So give that a try for a few days, she's comfy in her new home now, so you can try that now.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah okay thanks Deb, yeah, when she's walking around on a flat surface she seems to be fine.

So I should completely cut out her supers? And just offer her salad a few times every day until she eats that for me?

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, I came home from school today and found Cyrus had given me a big poop, yay! Gona get Lia in the bath now so she can hopefully poop and to moisturize her pre shed.

I got Cyrus out and showed him to Lia, who again started arm waving and head bobbing very slowly, Cyrus just stared at her, I kinda feel bad, like he's rejecting her haha. I then put him up on a chair, and he spent about 5 minutes non stop, literally non stop, trying to get through the glass to go and see her. She then stopped waving, and came down and licked the glass, it was so cute! They're meant for each other haha! I almost want to let them mate so they can finally do what they've been wanting to all week, but I know I couldn't afford the little cute babies. I got the camera out and took some pictures for you guys,

This is where she sat at first
DSC_0170.jpg

And then she walked down and licked the glass in front of him haha
DSC_0168.jpg

I just love this picture so thought I'd add it
DSC_0167.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom