Continuing problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
all non energy saving bulbs, ie: standard household bulbs give off UVA light, they just don't give off the UVBs. A clear or white standard household bulb can be used for a basking bulb. It's just a trick of getting the right wattage for your set up which is really a matter of trial and error. In my case, it was also trying a lot of bulbs because I have a diva dragon who is very picky about his basking bulbs and hid when I had to initially replace his first heat bulb...five bulbs later we came to a compromise. :shock: The spare bulbs are now for the cats' viv. :p
The reptisun 10 tube doesn't give off enough heat to be used alone.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha, what a picky beardie, saying that I fed my healthy one some salad and she ate everything apart from the purple bit, turned her nose up at it! Yes I will do that thanks, I do have various wattages but they are the ones with a slight white cast over them which makes them dimmer, still hot though

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
White is okay. Clear and White are both good, I believe. You just want to avoid anything with a tint of blue or yellow any other color.
And yes, Norris (my dragon) is the picture of picky!

How is your little sick girl today? How is the healthy one doing? No sign of breathing problems, right?

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have them seperated, my healthy one seems absolutely fine. My little one is the same :( going to come back in 1 hour and do the medicine. Hope she makes it

NightFury

Hatchling Member
It'll take a bit before you start seeing if she's getting better from it. I'm glad shes still being a little fighter though! Has her breathing improved at all?

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, she doesn't appear to breath very often. She has no weight on her, I can not find plain chicken or turkey baby food anywhere, they all have rice or something in them. When she tries to move that is when she gasps, she doesn't have the energy or strength :( I need to get fat in her at soon at possible! Is it possible for me to squash some crickets and get their insides? I know this sounds awful but she needs protein asasp! It needs to be very liquidy as She doesn't chew/eat anything. She does not even appear to be swalloing what I give her :( I need to make her move her tongue and then I know she has swallowed.

Thankyou all

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Yes that is a great idea, you could blend up some crickets and maybe a couple wax worms for added fat if you can get any. Alot of people will do that to make protein shakes for their beardies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, so I have been squirting very watery food etc, down the side of Chacoby's tongue. It appears that she has just been storing some of it in her mouth. I want to make sure she gets as much as I can give her which is about 2ml 3 times per day not including medicine. When Chacoby first got ill, the vet said that the feeder needle should go over the tongue and down the throat through the two dangly bits (tonsils maybe) and it will find it's own way down, then squirt slowly and it goes straight into her stomach. I have since read about the Glottis and I am worried, I can't see Chacobys when I open her mouth wide, but so long as I go down the throat this shouldn't be an issue?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Glottis is the air hole at the base or back of the tongue. So if you do use the feeder needle, you will need to look for that hole at the back of the throat & avoid that area by going over or around it.
Please keep us posted on her. You can use a mix with chicken & rice, it will give her a little bit of starch.

Tracie

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know, I jave looked for it but can not see it at all :( the feeder needle is around 3 inches in length, so if I go straight over the tongue and down the throught I should miss it? I don't know what else to do :( the silly vet told me the airway was at the front under the tongue last time! She does not extend her tongue very well, so I can't get to see it at all, does their tongue go really far back down their throat?

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right I found it, is it normal for her to have a long see through tube with red down the middle? Going down behind her tongue May sound stupid but not noticed this before!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good you found the glottis area then? You should easily be able to miss it then since you know where it is.
The glottis is soft tissue & so is the rest of her oral cavity so it is normal to see blood veins, etc in that area.
How is she doing tonight?

Tracie

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She isn't really any better :( I found the area yes so I go over and downwards then this is her throat hopefully! I have no choice as the little monkey seems to store food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom