Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! He is a Hypo Tangerine, from Atomic Lizard Ranch in Bisbee, AZ

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you!

I gotta get some updated pics of him - he's even BIGGER now!

He's getting to be quite the little lover-boy too... :love5: He doesn't puff and gape at me anymore when I try to get him out of his enclosure. When I have him out and about in the house, he ventures away for a bit... then comes back to me and licks me, then ventures off again, and repeat. Its so cute! It's like he likes to "check in" with me every few minutes to make sure I'm still there, LOL

And I've inadvertently started a little nighttime habit with him - he likes to fall asleep under my shirt :oops: If the lights go out in his enclosure and I haven't gotten him out yet for snuggles, he'll WAIT THERE IN THE DARK with his eyes open until I get him out and put him to bed the right way. Once he's asleep, I'll put him in his sleeping bag and put him back into his enclosure. My husband says that he's spoiled. :laughhard:

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
I love your beardie hes so cute. You spoiling him - its an under statement ;) Hes a beautiful colored beardie. About how old is he now?

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MikeILC":356dc6d8 said:
I love your beardie hes so cute. You spoiling him - its an under statement ;) Hes a beautiful colored beardie. About how old is he now?

Thank you! He's not quite 3 months old - he'll be 3 months on the 22nd. He is a MOOSE tho... I don't know how much he weighs (no scale), but he is already 11 in long. And he's FAT. :shock:

Last night I was super-tired and I ended up zonking out early. The timer turned Stan's lights off, and husband said that Stan was just laying there in the dark with his eyes open for nearly 2 hours. :banghead:

Knowing full well how to get him to go to sleep, but refusing to cuddle with him, husband said he finally stuffed him into his sleeping bag and that was that. Poor Stanley!!! :cry:

This morning when I turned his lights on, he popped his head out of his sleeping bag, looked at me, then turned around and went back to bed. He's mad. LOL THEY HOLD GRUDGES, FOLKS! :roll:

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
aww thats so cute! If you'd like check out my two bundles of joy :) I spoil them but just not as much as Stanley! haha. Also what do mean as a "sleeping bag"? if you could, please take updated photos of your dragon! :D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MikeILC":1t5mj2sd said:
aww thats so cute! If you'd like check out my two bundles of joy :) I spoil them but just not as much as Stanley! haha. Also what do mean as a "sleeping bag"? if you could, please take updated photos of your dragon! :D

I really, REALLY need to take some updated pics of him! I'll probably do that this weekend. I'll get a pic of his sleeping bag, too. Basically, it's a small, beige, lightweight canvas bag (it was what the breeder put him in when she shipped him to me), stuffed with a lightweight baby blanket.

Eventually he's going to outgrow the sleeping bag, though - and probably pretty soon. When we build his crossfire enclosure, I'll probably make him a hide and stuff his baby blanket in that.

I'm off to go check out your babies!

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
Oh cool about how much did it cost to buy the stuff for the enclosure? I'm debating on that or making my own. Shy on money as you can tell from my other post on my Introductions Topic. :p

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MikeILC":2eczy0pj said:
Oh cool about how much did it cost to buy the stuff for the enclosure? I'm debating on that or making my own. Shy on money as you can tell from my other post on my Introductions Topic. :p

OH! I don't know! We haven't even started buying the materials yet. :shock: Same as you, not enough $$$ saved up yet.

We're going to have to do something soon, though - I've got Stan in a 30 gal, and it's not cutting the mustard anymore. I thought it would get him thru the first 6 months, but I was WRONG!!!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
He is so cute! Yes keep feeding him as much as he will eat. That's what we have done with our beardies and they all are a good size for their ages.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ShannyBeard":1m9u3zt3 said:
He is so cute! Yes keep feeding him as much as he will eat. That's what we have done with our beardies and they all are a good size for their ages.

Thanks! Yes, I am giving him all the roaches he can eat. And he eats A LOT OF ROACHES! And he gets crickets sometimes too. And greens/veggies. I think he eats more than his own weight, lol

I'm glad that he's a good eater tho - I love my little piggy! :love5:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Giving the stink-eye
IMG_0650.jpg

Enclosure acrobatics
IMG_0655.jpg

Beep-Beep!!! Everybody get on! Stan's driving the bus straight to...
IMG_0663.jpg

"I love my mommy's feet!!!"
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

"Just showing off on my blanket..."
IMG_0676.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom