An afternoon in the life of Stella - LAZY. 1/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Does she always sleep all day while you're at work? No wonder she's in your face at 11 p! You should just put her lights on before you leave in the am, that's what I do, then they're more on my schedule than theirs.

Loved the hammock, looks like she loves it, too! She's so funny :lol:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh, her lights are on a timer, they are set to come on at 8:30 am... after we leave. I don't want her lights to come on before we leave, its too early in the morning and by the time we get home, I'd have no time to spend with her!

No, what she does (sometimes) is completely ignore her lights and stay under her blankets and just snooze the day away... Lazy dragon! :lol:

I love watching her slowly wake up on days that I am home to witness it... She is SO SLOW, I feel like I should offer her some coffee!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is so funny, mine would probably do that, too. But I'm lucky, I don't leave until 10:30a for work, so I wake them all up at 8 am and then put them on their basking spots, so they may snooze in the afternoon before Jake comes in (my dragonsitter, as I get home at 9:30p) but they're all up in the am. I can see what you mean about Stella, though, being slow to wake up, some dragons are just like that, they like their sleep under their blankies!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here she is trying to get out of bed...
20121224_125013.jpg

HA!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Hello again gorgeous girl. :D Her cololrs are just breath taking. 500grams! Wow! :D Myah is all of 336 at 2years old! LOL! :lol: I have such a petite girl. I'm hoping she'll make it to the 400gram mark like Deb's Didi. Heavens olny knows how much Stella will be in a year! So glad you got her the bigger viv. I never feel bad having Myah in a 40gal because of her tiny frame, but any more and I'd likely upgrade. There's just no telling where they'll end up size wise. So many surprises in the world of BD's :D I'll soon bring home a Leo babe! I'm very excited. I feel like a leo will help me through Myah's brumations and I just didn't want another great big tank in the home. Myah's a small BD, so I'm going for a big leo. A giant or super giant depending on the markings. Do you think there will be another reptile in your future?

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi there! :D Yes, I saw that you decided to go with a Leo - how exciting! ANOTHER BABY! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Kaleen has 2 of them, and did you know that Leos make noises?!? :shock: I did not know this!!! Very quite noises, but Ronald (the male) QUACKS (I'm not lying) and LuLu (the female) makes this little sound like water dripping. Its so cute!!!

Aww, petite little Myah! As a person of short stature myself, I'm kind of partial to all things "pint-sized"! (although, I personally am more like "horizontally-gallon-sized" these days...)

Yeah, Stella keeps on growing! We haven't had a shed in a loooong time though. I do think she's got more growing to do though, firstly because she's only 11 months old, and also because these last 50-75 grams or so have definitely been length - she looks rather lean at 500 grams. I'm pretty certain she's going to start to fill out again, so who knows where she'll top out at!

I do hope to get another reptile sooner rather than later! It will likely be another beardie, and I'm pretty set on it will be a translucent. I don't care about the color or whether its male or female, I just want one with shiny black eyes! And a short snout wouldn't hurt either... :mrgreen:

The tricky part is convincing hubby that we should get another reptile. I'm thinking of trying the "ask for forgiveness rather than permission" approach, to be honest. He always says no, but he's a big softy for animals! He babies Stella worse than I do sometimes! :roll:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh, Michelle,(hope I spelled your name right :oops: ) choosing a Leo was ridiculously hard. :roll: My 1st thought was another BD, ofcourse. But that does me no good during brumation. I'm "Lizard-less" right now! It's so wretched :( I also didn't want another huge tank. I love tortoises and how they are vegetarians but that'd be another huge tank and more lights. I didn't want a tiny lizard either. I was stuck. :banghead: Then I saw an image of a HUGE leo. I got to researching and found the giant and super giant kinds! I was in love! :love10: Then, I was shocked beyond belief to find a CANADIAN breeder! We can never find "rarer" lizards. Canada is dull! LOL! :lol: I kinna fell into the world of Leo's. Now, I have my heart set. I even found a tank I may pick up sun! :mrgreen:

I had to lobby my hubby hard for the BTB (babe to be) he said "No" at first too! :lol: But, I think he sees how much I love Myah and how well I care for her. He sees I'm sad right now. My hubby is a freaking brick wall when it comes to emotion and affection :roll: Yet, I don't think he's ever said no to me :mrgreen: Ofcourse, selling a few hundred dollars worth of my antique glass to pay for it all, likely tipped the scales. (Get it? scales... :p )

Stella does look leaner now. She had a really "rollie-pollie" look to her, not that long ago. I really think she will fill out more. You can tell she's healthy as all get out. She's honestly a bearded highlighter! :D

A Trans!? Oh! How lovely! :blob5: I do love those "black shiny eyes!" And I notice snouts too! :lol: There was a babe in the local shop with the shortest snout and most round face I had ever seen! Had I been looking for a BD babe, that on would have come home! :wink: This will be very exciting seeing if and when you decide on another! Keep updating! :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, please do. Luckily my hubby was in love with dragons, as a result I have 5 to care for (Didi's on my shoulder right now getting his nightly snuggle, before it was Gabriel, then Rubio). Never-ending, but I can understand about the black eyes, I think they're wonderful. PeeWee's dad has black eyes, mesmerizing! You'll keep us posted, right?

Stella still has some growing to do, they grow in length until they're 2. All of mine grew another inch in their 2nd year, if not 2 inches, so she's going to be a long beardie. She might get up to Rubio's size, 22" long and 800g! He's a very big handful!

I love the pics you post of Stella, she's always into something, isn't she. And as for the vertically challenged, we're the same, "horizonally-gallon-sized" I like that, explains how I feel to, got to lose some weight & get in to the clothes I fit into last Christmas! Now if only I'd stop having accidents that injure me, I'd be in great shape!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, what a bed, no wonder she doesn't want to get out of it? That is definitely a princess beardie bed! And the look she was giving those roaches :lol: Priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom