Alexstrasza (RIP, baby girl, you will be missed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Alright guys! I know I haven't been doing such a great job on updating lately, sorry. :( So here's a little update and I will try to do more later. (might be after Thanksgiving though)

Okay, So Allie's doing better and worse. She's growing/gaining weight (She's now 167g and 14"), but her "fungus" seems to be worse than it ever has. She has 2 sores on her tail now where the scales seem....soft/squishie? And now the yellow/black is about half way down her tail (This is all starting from her vent) and up to about her "bellybutton". Her "bad leg" is still bad and she still has some on her side. Oh and she has a dark spot on the side of her head too. She still acts fine, just a little lazy, but she's always been that way. Her eating habits have been great! She actually likes her salad now! :D Oh and we've found out that blueberries are her favorite. :lol: (Unlike Azreal who just ninja kicked them off his salad! XD) I do have lots of pics and videos of both "babies", but I just haven't had the time/patience to deal with PhotoBucket. (That and our internet is really starting to suck! >.<) Anyways! I'll try to post more later. I'm off to bed. Night~!

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Just got weight and length on her tonight~

She is 14" and 175g! She seems to have stopped growing (or maybe it's just really slow now), but at least she's still putting on weight. She still looks kinda bad...I'm starting to worry about her tail. =/ I'm going to try my best to get some pics uploaded tomorrow. (Stupid internet. >.< I uploaded Azreal's just fine and then it didn't want to work while trying to do Allie's. T.T) Oh btw, we have been keeping up with her treatments...but she doesn't seem to be getting any better. And I can't remember when she had her last actual shed. (she would shed spots here and there, but not all over.) Last time she looked better after a shed....so just waiting for that to see how she does.

Anyways, night guys!

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Allie passed away in her sleep last night. I'm sad that she is gone, we love her so much, but I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. She gets to go play at the Rainbow Bridge with all the other beardies. R.I.P Alexstrasza, you will be missed!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry to hear about Alexstrasza. This is such sad news. HUGE HUGS. I'm sorry I'm so late in offering my condolences, I just returned from an out of town trip. Poor Ali. You're right, at last she is at peace. Again, I'm so sorry to hear such sad news...

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
I read through your memorial and it was beautiful. I got all teary eyed. She looked so fat and sassy in that one picture. She obviously had so much character. I know her time was short with you but she brought with her your love for beardies and each one you love now will be in part because of little Alexstrasza and all her spunk. She was absolutely adorable.
Giant hugs for you and Steve and Azreal, too!
Carrie

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Thank you, bltkpo.

Mirthy":29q9jz4n said:
I read through your memorial and it was beautiful. I got all teary eyed. She looked so fat and sassy in that one picture. She obviously had so much character. I know her time was short with you but she brought with her your love for beardies and each one you love now will be in part because of little Alexstrasza and all her spunk. She was absolutely adorable.
Giant hugs for you and Steve and Azreal, too!
Carrie
Thank you. I was teary eyed typing it. Yes! Idk if you know the story with that pic, but she had just eaten a ton of food and tried to jump up on her bridge (she never liked walking up it for some reason lol) to bask and she missed a bit and fell off. She posed like that like "You didn't see nothing!" :lol: She really did have tons of character! Makes me sad that she had to go. :cry: I forgot to add in the memorial that I know she only spent 7 months with us, but she showed us so much love and brought out the beardie love in us. She was such a good girl....and she was like our baby. Everytime I look at her empty tank, I get a little sad...but I know she had to go. We have a pic of her that the vet's office took (kind of like a professional pic) and we keep it up on the wall so we always see her. I remember when they took it, they told us she kept trying to eat the caterpillar on the backdrop. :lol: ................oh, Allie....I miss you so much.......:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom