Alexstrasza (RIP, baby girl, you will be missed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
It looks fantastic! nice work. Glad to hear that Alexstrasza is doing better, poor dragoness.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
It's here! I ordered a beardie blankie from blondie098 (here's the link to her page http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157137 *edit* New link 'cause the old one doesn't work.) and it's much more beautiful than in the pics! My camera doesn't do it justice!
100_2285.jpg

100_2289.jpg

Close up of the pattern
100_2288.jpg

The little pillow that came with it
100_2286.jpg

Allie trying out the pillow
100_2290.jpg

100_2291.jpg

Trying out the blankie!
100_2292.jpg

Look at how big it is compared to her! :shock:
100_2293.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
awww, she'll be filling out that blankie surface before you know it :D I love to watch them with their pillows, they are so funny, and mine are very possessive LOL

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Lol Really? That's too funny! She loved snuggling up in her blankie last night! ^^ I got some pics I'm going to post later today (I have to go to work here in a sec.) she was sooo cute! I've decided to leave her pillow in there with her during the day. I'll see what she does with it when I come home. :lol:

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Okay guys~ More pics! :D I really try not to do a bunch in one post...but....I like all the ones I took today! ^.^ That...and I know you guys love pics! :lol: Okay! Here we go~!

First up, you all know that I ordered a blankie for Allie...well it came with a "pillow"...I took the stuffing out the other night (I wanted to know what fabric it was) and Allie crawled in the sack! :lol:
100_2312.jpg

And then she went to sleep :laughhard:
100_2313.jpg

Here's a video! :D

I took her out of it to see if she would do it again. She kinda did...but not like she did the first time.
Here's some pics of my putting her meds on her leg.
100_2316.jpg

I left her in the sack XD
100_2317.jpg

New tank layout! (Since my youngest son broke Allie's "tree" :cry: )
100_2318.jpg

little closer
100_2323.jpg

Warm side
100_2320.jpg

Cool side
100_2322.jpg

Yes, I put her beardie sack in her cave :lol:
100_2328.jpg

Hi, Allie!
100_2319.jpg

Her "Paranoid Parrot" :lol:
100_2326.jpg

She loves this thing...keeps rubbing on it :lol:
100_2327.jpg

Okay, sorry it's kind of long...but I hope you guys enjoyed! :D

ps - If anyone noticed the temps and were like "omg those are way too low for a warm side/basking spot!", it's not normally that temp. We had just got done doing a full tank cleaning. We cleaned the tank, let everything air out/dry, put it all back in, put Allie in, then I took pics. :lol:

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Okay! So just a little update one Allie. Her leg is looking much better! She's going through shed now, so I will take pics when all is done, but it's looking like all the dark spots are coming off! :D Oh and there was a lot of retained shed under all that fungus. >.< But! that's coming off too! :blob8:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Just saw the last set of pics you posted - So cute :) love the pattern. I'm glad to hear that her leg is starting to look better too. Hope it's getting close to being healed now :)

AchiKat

Juvie Member
NCSUCarrie":4ljizcn9 said:
Just saw the last set of pics you posted - So cute :) love the pattern. I'm glad to hear that her leg is starting to look better too. Hope it's getting close to being healed now :)

Thanks! It's funny though...I was just about to post an update on her. It looks like the "fungus" is back! :angry5: This time, it's on her vent and her right side. She's still acting fine and eating tons, but we've have started up treatment again just to be on the safe side. She also has a "sore" on the left side of her head behind her ear/fringe. :banghead: I'm starting to feel like "if it's not one thing, it's another." -.- Oh! and she lost 2 of her claws on her back, right foot. (the one that had the "fungus" on it last time) Don't know how, but it looks like they are starting to grow back. I will post pics later, prolly after work tomorrow.

She was really cute tonight though, and I kinda feel bad for getting "mad" at her. lol I was trying to put her meds on her and she would hold still and was scratching me all up trying to get away. I told her "Allie, no! You need to hold sill for just a min.", but she didn't listen to me and put 2 cuts on my arm. I then told her "You know what, I've had enough of you being a butt." and I put her on her blankie and covered her up so she couldn't see me. (Kinda like putting a kid in "time out" lol) She sat there for a min or two and then she poked her little head out and looked at me like "Sorry, mom..." I said "are you going to behave now?" and she crawled out of her blankie, walked up to me slowly (we were sitting on the bed), looked up at me, then snuggled my legs. I was all like "Awwwwww! How can I stay mad at you? ^.^ See, Hunny (ScubaSteve was sitting right next to us), she knows she was in trouble. I think she's trying to say sorry." :lol: I thought it was cute and thought I'd share with you guys.

Anyways, this has gotten kinda long....I will try to keep you guys updated as much as I can! :D

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
She sure did grow those last few inches fast!!
I've heard that fungus is a pain in the butt to get rid of. Poor beastie but she is a tough girl.
She can kick fungus right in the behind. :p

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I love the pics of her and her blanket sack! So cute :love5: Looks like the sack is a sleeping bag 8)

I LOL'ed when I heard the big burp! My husband does that when I trying to film the pets doing something and I'm like "ugh...really?" :laughhard:

AchiKat

Juvie Member
drgnfly2265":1exsj8kj said:
I love the pics of her and her blanket sack! So cute :love5: Looks like the sack is a sleeping bag 8)

I LOL'ed when I heard the big burp! My husband does that when I trying to film the pets doing something and I'm like "ugh...really?" :laughhard:

Lol yeah! Yeah, he always does stuff like that when I'm trying to take video! :laughhard:

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Okay~ so I just got Allie's weight and length tonight....She is now 121g and just over 13" long! :D I'm gonna do baby boy tomorrow. ^^

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Picture time~! :D

Princess Allie is always very grumpy in the morning. :lol:
100_2437.jpg

BAM! Wha' chu know 'bout "sexy legs"? :lol:
100_2438.jpg

Still grumpy, but always posing for the camera! :lol:
100_2439.jpg

The next two are of her tank setup for now. (one with flash, one without) I feel so bad for her 'cause it's so empty now, but we really want to get rid of this fungus...it's just cleaner this way....I feel bad, but I know it's for her own good. :cry:
100_2440.jpg

100_2441.jpg

The first day we did this, she got really mad and ran over to her "Paranoid Parrot" and attacked him. :shock: Needless to say, she was not pleased. >.>;

Well that's all for now~! I'll get weight and length on both babies tonight. ^.^

Schloob

Hatchling Member
AchiKat":3ri624ss said:
Lol lots of WoW nerds on here, huh? :lol:

Here's another pic of Allie doing "sexy legs" :lol: I think this is my favorite pic of her so far. ^^
100_2085.jpg

Your lizard is pro at "Planking" :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom