Zoo Med Environmental Control Center

Starlily

Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
Looking for feedback from persons who have or have tried this unit.

As awesome as the Herpstat 2 looks, I'm kind of eyeing this as a happy medium, perhaps upgrading down the road.

Pros? Cons? Any input highly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I haven't tried this one but something similar- I was so excited but it was a fail. These controllers can be hard/damaging on the lights (for example). While convenient to monitor temp, I was concerned about my beardie having a seizure it cut on/off so much. It taught me I could lower the wattage, but it was also damaging on the bulb, and we all know that we want the most out of our lights-
The concept seems good but I would be a little leery.
Also, the fact that reviews weren't flowing/available all over as I thought they would be...for me that's a little concerning. Positive or negative, it's usually not hard to find MULTIPLE reviews on reptile products unless I just overlooked it-

You could always try it and return it if you aren't satisfied- just buy it from a reputable source. Remember, at the end of the day, it's what you want to do!

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
As far as lights go, I'd just like to recommend checking out an electrical wholesaler in your area. I had my dragons for 5 years before meeting my husband (an electrician) and learned that there are cheaper and better ways to buy bulbs and fixtures! I know we spend anything to take care of our babies! But if you know what you need or are looking for, don't spend twice as much at a petstore or their online sites!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom