Zinger *Death* (NOT Zinger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This morning my best friend died. Maxwell, my saint bernard. I'll either get on more or drop off the face of the earth for a while. Just lettin you know. I don't know how well I'm gonna take this.

-Haley

I love you big man. Always with you.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Haley I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Maxwell. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

((((Cyber Hugs My Little Friend))))

R.I.P. Maxwell

Haley what happened? Was Maxwell having health issues leading up to this?
I'm so sorry about your big puppy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh Haley.. I am so sorry to hear about your dog Maxwell :( It is never easy to lose a pet.
My heart goes out to you, sweetie!

pet-loss-.gif

If you need someone to talk to... you know where to find me!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Max died suddenly; we don't know why. I am NOT handling it well at all. We had him buried in a pet cemetery. I'll post pics of his headstone as soon as they get it finished. It will say something like this:

Maxwell Smart Peryer
"Tooken"
Dateofbirth-Dateofdeath
Always love you big man.

Then it will have his picture engraved into the stone. Sorry I don't have his birthday. My mom and I had a one day difference in the date. We celebrated it on March 22nd but are gonna look at his papers today to see the real date.

We covered him up with two blankets in the car. One of them was mine and we went ahead and buried him with it. The other was a blue one. It's kind of pathetic; but I just keep sittin there holding that blanket....tryin to get him back?

He was throwing up. And we were gonna take him to the vet if he didn't stop. Sometimes dogs just get bugs and he threw up twice, so we stuck him in the hall where it was nice and cool and easy to clean up vomit. He kept barking. And he cried once. I told him to be quiet. When he needed me the most; I told him to be quiet. What an idotic pet owner. Anyway, he calmed down and I yelled goodnight to him. (couldn't even go give him a hug) And then at 3AM my mom was yelling. I jumped off of my loft bed. And he was dead. My Maxwell...dead? Yeah.

I sensed the night before that he was going to die and I begged to take him to a vet. I should have taken him and he would have been fine. As you can probably tell; I won't be getting another bearded dragon. I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion on Zinger. Do you think I'm responsible enough for him after what I did to my dog? I mean; I knew he should have gone to the vet and I did nothing but ask. I should have called my mom at work and I KNOW she would have taken him. She even told me that. She said I should have called her and she would have come home and taken him.

-Haley

EDIT: Thanks Mrs.Barbera, thanks Aunt Dawn.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh Haley, I am sorry you are having such a hard time with Maxwell's death. Losing a pet is hard enough without blaming yourself for it happening. You are in no way the cause of maxwell's death. Like you said, dogs sometimes throw up for so many reasons, like a bug, plant or just something that did not agree with them. Please don't be so hard on yourself for not taking him into the vet. Most of us would have done the same thing.
As far as you not being a responsible pet owner... sweetie, everyone here knows how much you love and take care of Zinger. Zinger could not have a better mommy! I think you are more responsible then most kids your age. How many kids do you know that would take the time to go online and find a site that is all about the pet they own??? Not many!!! Whenever you have a problem with Zinger, you don't ignore it, you come here and ask questions and try to find a solution. That my dear is a responsible pet owner!
So don't let me ever hear you say again that you don't think you are suitable or responsible to have a bearded dragon or any other animal for that matter.... because you are!
Keep your chin up!
((HUGS))
Auntie Dawn

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys so much. You always help me when I'm down. I have always had issues with blaming myself when people and animals die. Anyway, what you guys said means a lot to me. It's very uplifting. The beardeddragon.org community really adheres to this saying:
Friends are like a good bra; snug and supportive.
Sorry, had to pull that one out. :roll:

I am definately having a hard time. I keep calling Max's name and then remembering he's gone; or I'll walk into the room where he usually would lay and look for him. I still haven't even absorbed that he is gone.

Zinger, however, is happy as a lark. He is eating like a PIG! :shock:
As you know, he recently turned two. Is it normal for him to still be frequently shedding?! He's the normal size of a full grown beardie, but he's still growing. He has veggies all the time and superworms and crickets have been reduced to every other day. On occasions he will have pheonix worms or waxworms. He only eats those when he's in the mood though. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on his continuous growth.

His tail, head, and legs are shedding almost constantly, and his torso is ever two or so weeks. I just don't know what happened to him! Is that bad? So paranoid. :oops: :roll:

-Haley

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Haley shedding is never a bad thing...it's a good thing. :)
He will continue to put on gurth even after he's hit his length. :wink:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":z50d24ov said:
Haley shedding is never a bad thing...it's a good thing. :)
He will continue to put on gurth even after he's hit his length. :wink:

Oh what a relief. Guess he's just pulling a human and getting fatter as he gets older.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I went to a Lady Gaga concert! It was amazing! And I'm going to another!

In other news, Zinger has a new favorite food...Cuccumbers (SP?)!! :shock: Every time I show him a cuccumber he about rips my arm off to get to them!

He has been being a really good boy lately. He's been pooping daily; which he has never been to good about doing. He just loves to scare me. Maybe I'm just paranoid...not too sure.

Hope all is well.
-Haley

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Haley! Bet the Lady Gaga concert was quite the show. I am not a big fan of hers, but do know she is a bit eccentric, so I'm sure she is very entertaining.
Glad to hear Zinger is eating like a pig and still growing. That is great! I know how hard it is not to worry about these little guys, but you are doing a wonderful job with Zinger and it shows. I'm sure he is pooping daily due to eating alot, so no worries with that. And yea, they can still grow even as adults. Like Barb said.. generally it's gerth more than length, but don't be surprised if you see some extra length as well. My Rex actually put on 2 more inches in length after the age of two, so it can happen.
Keep your chin up about Maxwell being gone now. It will be hard for a while, but with time the pain in your heart will ease... I promise! I know that Maxwell is in a good place now and is very happy with all the other pets who have passed on. He knows how much you loved and cared for him and that my dear is something not all pets have the privilege to experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom