Zilla Food Spray Calcium Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashlee1228

Maybe it's just me but is Zilla Food Spray Calcium Supplement supposed to smell like something died in the bottle? Its fairly new so I dont think it has gone bad, but man is it odiferous!!! :bleick:

also for those who use it what is the proper dosage for a juvenile?

Delshara

Hatchling Member
It does stink - that's normal, I think.

I asked Tracie (Drache613) to dose the spray for me and I give it to Nero through a graduated dropper. You have to weigh your beardie, though, because dosage is based on weight.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
You need to get yourself a calcium supplement that you can dust the salad and crickets. Those liquid calcium is useless.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Liquid calcium is not useless, but should only be used in extreme situations. That being said i dont think the OP was using the normal 'liquid calcium' so i would give tracey a pm to ask about it.

Was there any reason he/she couldnt have the normal powdered calcium??

ashlee1228

Original Poster
No, there is'nt any reason why he should have the liquid calcium. I was cleaning and found a unopened bottle and was wondering if the smell was normal.

I gave his salad a few squirts of it and he ran away and tried to climb the glass to get away from it, dumped the stinky salad and gave him the powder and he pounced on it as if he hadnt eaten in weeks. I originally bought the spray for my late beardie because she wouldnt eat anything with powder on it but she didnt seem to notice the spray. My current BD on the other hand loves the powder and hates the spray....

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Yes, I'd gotten the spray because Nero for a long time wouldn't take anything calcium dusted. That's been months and months now. Tracie dosed it for me.

I'm going to try the dust again, tomorrow actually, because his urates have become chalky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom