Zilla Desert 50 T5 UVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I've been using the Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO for a while now but recently they have been hard to find locally. Seems most carry the Zilla Desert 50 T5. Anyone use these? Are they any good? Has anyone used a solarmeter on one? I would prefer to buy locally as I don't want to run the risk of a broken bulb and the headache of shipping back etc. Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The Zillas have had problems with their output in the past, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Unfortunately I haven't seen a T5 version of the desert 50 so haven't tested those. I've tested the T8 version and their output is pretty good. I can verify that the T5 ReptiSun 10.0 and the T5 Arcadia 12% are very good bulbs though with optimal output at 12-14'' or so for both of them.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I ended up finding a couple local sources. The place I buy all my snakes food at can order me the Zoo Med T5s and also I live pretty close to The Bean Farm and the owner is cool with me saving the shipping and doing pickup as I have to go there anyways to pick up the big bails of aspen for my snakes anyways. Thanks for the response and i'll probably just stick with the Zoo Med T5s as I've used those a while and Harley seems pretty happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom