Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats Barbara, that's such great news that they'll be on TV again. You & they deserve it! You'll have to keep us all informed on how it's going.
Love
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Deb! Will do! :wink:

Well I suck this year as a beardie slave. :(
The only pic's I submitted for the calendar were Zak-n-Wheezie.
DSC04232.jpg

DSC04234.jpg

Sense the xray of the boys is a scan from an old scanner of our's and Hoff wanted a copy I decided to take a photo of it to see how it would come out...I thought I'd post it too just for the heck of it.
DSC04517_zps4805a094.jpg

Well the boys are sleeping now.
I do not really expect to see much of them now until about Thanksgiving time...when they smell pumpkin pie and wake up...if I do see them before then...I will feel blessed.

Sleep tight guys...I love you! :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those pictures are adorable Barb, you did a great job taking them. Their xrays always amazes me.

So, they both are agreeable so far for brumation? Are they totally down? I know you will miss them but if you want them to wake up, just have your Thanksgiving come early by making a pumpkin pie. :wink:

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Wow those are some awesome dragons. I have seen two headed turtles in person...but these guys are amazing. I am sure your love, knowledge and dedication has was has made them thrive. So the black beards ...man...when Hemi gets big enough to do that it will prob scare the pants right off of me! :shock: They looked so loved...and from what I am reading they have a really awesome Momma. I am the type of person that has always loved animals, but reptiles ? Ewwww... yea bearded dragons reach out and grab your heart and wrap their cute little tails around you and you are done for! It's it amazing how much you can change peoples lives raising the babies that you do, and sharing the story of Zak-n-Wheezie. I know you have certainly changed Kathleen's with Pee Wee. I checked out your website after seeing how happy Kathleen was with her new baby, and I read about your dedication to them because of your beloved beardie. Hemi has been here going on week 4...we are crazy about this little guy! I can't imagine after years of love. Thanks for what you are doing for these little guys!

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
The tongue in pic 2 makes me squeeee! And I love how beardie legs look goofy even in x-rays. Our Clovis snoozed the past two days away, but I got her up this evening for baby food and basking because she is coming to school with me tomorrow! I'll have to trot out the pictures of Z-n-W as well. :) I am having so much beardie fun this year already, and it's only week 4!

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Awww cute outside photos :D
I think I've seen the x-ray before but it's still cool to see.
So they are in brumation now :?: Basil has never gone into brumation so I always get to be with him :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Diane! :)
Yep, oddly enough they are in cooperation this year with one another about sleeping. They are not out cold yet, they were still getting up once a week or so, but not one at a time....it will not be long now though they have re=positioned themselves and the nights are beginning to cool down and the days are not so freakin' hot either...so the temps are about where they like it in order to be of comfortable range for brumation. Isn't it funny how mine all wake up at the smell of pumpkin pie baking? Beardies do love pumpkin! :)

Hemilover77 what a nice post... :D Thank-you for the kind compliments!
However I didn't have much experience or should I say hadn't researched nearly as much as I should have at being a beardie slave until the boys and I stumbled across this site that I now call home. I have to give Zak-n-Wheezie a good amount of the credit for teaching me a very large portion of what I have learned. True I had beardies before them and yes my first Rocky taught me a lot too not to mention he started my addiction, but things just got different when Zak-n-Wheezie came along...I couldn't know enough...just made me want to know everything about their species in order to attempt figuring them out. The most interesting part to me is the psyche portion of a beardie. They are so smart and affectionate. Yes I said affectionate! :lol:
See I never really cared for reptiles either...other than the little horned lizards that I played with as a little girl many moons ago. But the day I met Rocky my first beardie that all changed. You are right they just have such a way at working themselves right into our hearts. That you want to help all the beardies and beardie slaves that you can....an it also feels like my dedication to Rocky...that's how he lives on...I promised to do it for him because had I known more about them at that time I may have had more time with Rocky.

BTW...you might think now that the black beard could scare your pants off till you actually see it up close and personal...then all of a sudden it's gonna be sexy. :headbang: I think there's nothing sexier than a puffed out jet black hormonal beardie beard. I wanna be a female beardie in my next life. :lol:
So now do you know why I giggled at your username earlier today? PG13...so how do I say this??? Because male beardies have hemi's. :lol:
An I love beardies! I just thought it was a perfect username and wish I'd have thought of it. Then I read your intro thread and discovered where the name originated. Boy was my twisted mind off! Yikes! Still love it! :laughing6:

Thank-you littlebirdy! :) Hope Clovis is a good awake girl for you and the students tomorrow.
BTW...if you are on fb you could friend me then you can steal all the pic's of the boys you want...that's where most my favorites are. :wink:
Barbara Gilliland-Witte ...can't miss me I'm the one with Zak-n-Wheezie as a profile pic. :wink: (just send me a short message if you can so I know who you are here)

You are correct reptilemaster that's the xray you have seen. I just think that you can actually see this photo of it taped to the window better than the scanned xray I posted in the past. Maybe it's just my imagination.
You are so lucky that handsome Basil keeps you company all year round. :mrgreen: I'm jealous!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Ryan!
I was meaning to also congratulate you on the new changes that have taken place in your life.
So when is that new baby due?

ikkie78

Juvie Member
Thanks Barbara...the baby is due the first week of December so it's going to be quite a change around the house! And it's a boy so I'm sure he'll be a handful! Haha... At least I'll keep busy though! Lol :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Matt! And welcome to the site! :D

Ryan,
Woot! :blob8:
December baby huh? Congratulations to you and the new wife! :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I don't like to post without reading the whole thread. But I just had to because those dragon(s) are awesome. I will work my way through reading this thread, day by day. I just want to say that you are really awesome for keeping these dragon(s) alive for so long. :D I will be following this thread from now on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom