Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Those were just the best pics & they sure did look very content at the end. A day in the park, kids close by, Mom close by, people curious about them, Checkers close by, shade when they needed it, talk about a wonderful day. That would explain the pretty beards. And the tongue picture, well taken Barbara! I would still send that pic in for the calendar, it is a marvel, even if Frank's foot is in the distance, maybe Alex could airbrush it out. You could always send it in with another good one, so Alex could choose!
Thanks so much for putting a big smile on my face!
Hugs 'n snuggles
Deb

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Dani and I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Zak n Wheezie outside. They (see I think of them as two also) look so happy and content. They are such characters and I so enjoy reading about them. :D

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I don't care that the last shot has a shoe in it (I didn't even notice it until someone mentioned it) I think it still needs to go into the calendar!! I agree it is the cutest tongue shot ever!

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
That is truly amazing. It would be interesting to see an X-ray to see exactly where and how they are fused. I'm also curious which organs they share.

Obviously you've done an amazing job keeping them alive this long.

Wow. Just wow.

ShiverBug

Ladyhawk42":3eopor7c said:
That is truly amazing. It would be interesting to see an X-ray to see exactly where and how they are fused. I'm also curious which organs they share.

Obviously you've done an amazing job keeping them alive this long.

Wow. Just wow.

She posted an X-ray of Zak-n-Wheezie several pages back, but it is an old image - back when they were young'uns. It'de be cool if she had a more recent x-ray, we could compare the old x-ray to the new one. But the one she has is really nifty to see.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I am very frustrated right now...I just want to cry!

I was contacted by Hoff Production again and they would love to have Zak-n-Wheezie in another of there productions called World's Weirdest.
I have been asked to send as many video's of them as possible, but must be originals from my computer. Most my video's of them are trapped in our broken computer and the ones I have on this computer are to large to email. I have spent days trying to clip and cut vids so they are under 25MB's so I can email them. I finally succeeded this morning in getting the Georgia Peaches video cut to under 25MB and it still comes back as too large. Waiting on a call back from Mr. Pendergast to see if he has any suggestions.

In the mean time for all my friends that are computer literate...do you have any suggestions?

My only other thought is to burn them on CD's and mail them, but they need them before next week...STRESSING!!!!

Signing the release form today. If I can not get them some more video's they will be using the footage that they shot when they were on Weird, True, and Freaky. I so want to share more than that.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Congrats Barb & Z & W, sorry you're going through all those problems causing a lot of frustration. Just a thought, but perhaps Alex could offer some suggestions to help with this. Good luck.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Diane!
But unless Alex can prescribe me some Valium to deal with my stressing out issue... I don't think he can be of help. :lol: Just kidding! :lol:

I actually heard back from Hoff Productions after sending them a panicked email and received a direct link to the clip room so I was able to send in any size that I could find there. So far I have found about 5 video's as most of them are trapped in that brokey computer and they have to be original copies not from image hosting sites. I'm still looking to see if I can find anymore on this computer.

Oh, shoot! Still need to send back signed release form.
See! :banghead: I get nervous, in a panic, and can't think! WTH??? This really isn't like me. If this is a part of getting old I'm not likin' it!

Though I am kind of bummed out which could have something to do with my stress level.
This is gonna be the first year since Zak-n-Wheezie hatched that we didn't take them to Anaheim. :cry:
Just can quite pull the funds together to go this year. Close, but no cigar! :(

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":3glmqko4 said:
I am very frustrated right now...I just want to cry!

I was contacted by Hoff Production again and they would love to have Zak-n-Wheezie in another of there productions called World's Weirdest.
I have been asked to send as many video's of them as possible, but must be originals from my computer. Most my video's of them are trapped in our broken computer and the ones I have on this computer are to large to email. I have spent days trying to clip and cut vids so they are under 25MB's so I can email them. I finally succeeded this morning in getting the Georgia Peaches video cut to under 25MB and it still comes back as too large. Waiting on a call back from Mr. Pendergast to see if he has any suggestions.

In the mean time for all my friends that are computer literate...do you have any suggestions?

My only other thought is to burn them on CD's and mail them, but they need them before next week...STRESSING!!!!

Signing the release form today. If I can not get them some more video's they will be using the footage that they shot when they were on Weird, True, and Freaky. I so want to share more than that.

Hi, I'm computer literate. I build, repair and upgrade computers.

To access your old hard drive:

1) Turn off your old computer and safely remove the hard drive. If you can, place it on non-static wrapping plastic, which usually comes with computer parts. If not, set it on a hard surface until you're ready to use it.

2) Figure out what input it uses: IDE or SATA.

3) Buy the appropriate external enclosure for your hard drive, making sure you can access the format. USB may be slower, but most computers can access it.

4) Install the hard drive into the enclosure and plug it in. You don't have to turn off your computer if you use the USB connection cable.

Most likely, this will give you access to your old computer's hard drive.

In the meantime, there are programs you can use to compress video. I'm really not an expert on video or video compression, but I heard from another computer enthusiast that the MP4 format offers good quality compression. That means smaller sizes for your videos with little quality loss if you know what you're doing. The "knowing what you're doing" part will require some reading.

AVS video converter is one tool you can use to convert and compress videos. If it's too expensive for you, try Googling "best free video converters" without the quotes. Read what various sites have to say about video compression. You can definitely get decent videos in smaller packages.

If you don't want to deal with compression, you could contact your Internet Service Provider and ask if you have storage space and if so, how much. If you have storage space, you can upload your videos and then give the URL to the folks interested in your videos. Ask your Internet Service Provider how to go about uploading.

I put the above in red because it's probably the easiest way to go to preserve video quality. I'd also recommend getting the external storage drive for accessing old videos. Most likely, your Internet Service Provider has plenty of space for your videos. If not, I wouldn't mind hosting them for you for awhile.

Good luck. :)

P.S. Private message me if you need to. I'll help you figure it out.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Yay, Z-n-W goodness! I have shown them off to my kids yet, but I REALLY need to! Can you link your photobucket? I am thinking my beardie PowerPoint needs more Zak-n-Wheezie goodness, especially the video of them head-bobbing!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Wow! Thank-you LadyHawk! :)

I think I have what I need for now for Hoff Productions for now, but if you do not mind I will probably ask your help in a few days if I need to.
My panic is gone for now...they sent me a link to the production clip room and I was able to upload videos regardless the size.
Thank-you again LadyHawk!

LittleBirdy let me get dinner finished an I'll see about your request.

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":n6fkupyq said:
Wow! Thank-you LadyHawk! :)

I think I have what I need for now for Hoff Productions for now, but if you do not mind I will probably ask your help in a few days if I need to.
My panic is gone for now...they sent me a link to the production clip room and I was able to upload videos regardless the size.
Thank-you again LadyHawk!

LittleBirdy let me get dinner finished an I'll see about your request.

You're welcome. :) If I can help, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom