Youtube Videos Seem to give bad info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Beardies do/eat a lot of things in the wild that we, as responsible owners, should not allow to happen in captivity. Everyone can say it's "natural" all they want, and that may be the truth... but there's a reason that the average lifespan of beardies in the wild is 2-3 years while the average lifespan when correctly cared for in captivity is 9-12 years. So, either commit to giving your beardie the best "captive" life possible or go drop it off in the Australian desert lol :roll:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
trinity040400":1wt7yvzw said:
TheWerewolf":1wt7yvzw said:
I hate how videos show beadies eating anoles! :x Like, do they really want to give a reptile another reptile? And other people will watch that and say, "cool, I'll get some anoles for my dragon." No, don't! Do you really want to promote cannibalism?! :angry5: THAT makes me angry.

Just a side note but beardies in the wild do eat other lizards. I am not AT ALL saying that ANYONE should feed them anoles or any other lizards!! I am just saying that they do eat other lizards, and I dont think it is cannibalism if it is a different kind of lizard??? Could be wrong about that.

Sorry I just like injecting little factoids some times.
I agree with that. It's not the fact that a lizard was eating a lizard for me, it was the WAY they did things, not the how or what. Well, no. The WHAT as far as the scorpion was concerned was just so wrong on so many levels. The only video I would like to see from them is one of those hidden faces being offered nothing but a live, huge scorpion for food. Nothing by their mouths to kill it. :angry5: These videos seem to be nothing more than testosterone gone bad. :(

Anyone know why the first "man" in the title was wearing a gas mask?

Brieana

Hatchling Member
The most correct, informative person to ever post a video about Beardies that I've seen was a 12 year old boy named juliusthedragon. The only issue I had with his information was he promoted using sand, and said you need the basking temps to be higher so the beardie doesn't get impacted. But otherwise, if I remember correctly, he was spot on.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
traceyb73":2440pd0t said:
trinity040400":2440pd0t said:
TheWerewolf":2440pd0t said:
I hate how videos show beadies eating anoles! :x Like, do they really want to give a reptile another reptile? And other people will watch that and say, "cool, I'll get some anoles for my dragon." No, don't! Do you really want to promote cannibalism?! :angry5: THAT makes me angry.

Just a side note but beardies in the wild do eat other lizards. I am not AT ALL saying that ANYONE should feed them anoles or any other lizards!! I am just saying that they do eat other lizards, and I dont think it is cannibalism if it is a different kind of lizard??? Could be wrong about that.

Sorry I just like injecting little factoids some times.
I agree with that. It's not the fact that a lizard was eating a lizard for me, it was the WAY they did things, not the how or what. Well, no. The WHAT as far as the scorpion was concerned was just so wrong on so many levels. The only video I would like to see from them is one of those hidden faces being offered nothing but a live, huge scorpion for food. Nothing by their mouths to kill it. :angry5: These videos seem to be nothing more than testosterone gone bad. :(

Anyone know why the first "man" in the title was wearing a gas mask?

Agreed :D

...as for the gas mask, I seem to remember searching the forum to observe the original controversy concerning this video & I think the guy said he was wearing a gas mask due to some kind of severe allergy to the feeders they were using or something. If you search "Bloodbank video" and go pretty far back then you may be able to find it too. It definitely took some digging on my end when I was trying to find it.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I think the worst things about all of the videos is all the comments they get about other people who think it is cool and are going to do the same thing wit their beardies! I really dont know what is wrong with people!

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
trinity040400":43drvj64 said:
I think the worst things about all of the videos is all the comments they get about other people who think it is cool and are going to do the same thing wit their beardies! I really dont know what is wrong with people!

I assumed the mask was an attempt to hide his identity...

trinity, I got as far as the beardie taking the second nip at the scorpion and I had to close it. I was furious enough, I was not going to read how many people thought it was "cool". I watched this last night and I am still fuming.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Brieana":28pl43vm said:
The most correct, informative person to ever post a video about Beardies that I've seen was a 12 year old boy named juliusthedragon. The only issue I had with his information was he promoted using sand, and said you need the basking temps to be higher so the beardie doesn't get impacted. But otherwise, if I remember correctly, he was spot on.
Rarely do I go YouTube. After seeing what I did last night, I know why. I am afraid to do anymore searches. :(

I would like to know why you don't hear anything about these videos. You hear about dogs and cats being abused, but how could this stuff not make the news? I just don't get it. You wear fur, you get red paint splatter all over you but THIS isn't at least noteworthy?? Ugh...

czuber

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is a reply I got on my post about this guys setup. Not from him but another person viewing

"bearded dragons dont really tend to mate unless its near or during the season and you cant really over mate when there is 3 females and one male the tank looks big enough for the dragons to have their own space and if they did try breading im sure the owner either would separate them or let them its on the owner"

ON
Joel Maldonado has replied to your comment on Bearded Dragons Eating Giant Mealworms (Morio Worms) (Zophobas morio):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom