Youtube Videos Seem to give bad info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

czuber

Hatchling Member
Just watching videos about dragons. There is so much information being said that contradicts most what I read from owners on here. They promote weird feeding and having multiple's in a cage. One guy said your cage is to large you need to add a couple more bearededs to that cage or yours will go nuts with all that space.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
czuber":1s0lc5jt said:
Just watching videos about dragons. There is so much information being said that contradicts most what I read from owners on here. They promote weird feeding and having multiple's in a cage. One guy said your cage is to large you need to add a couple more bearededs to that cage or yours will go nuts with all that space.

What really stinks is a certain breeder who posts videos of his dragons eating scorpions, as if we really want the general public to feed their dragons scorpions, of all things. :angry5:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I hate how videos show beadies eating anoles! :x Like, do they really want to give a reptile another reptile? And other people will watch that and say, "cool, I'll get some anoles for my dragon." No, don't! Do you really want to promote cannibalism?! (Okay, I was slightly wrong about that. No, it's not cannibalism. They do eat other herps in the wild. But why feed that to your pet? It still seems wrong, somehow, and very saddening. Thanks to Randommonks for helping me notice that. I like being corrected when I give out wrong info. :) ) :angry5: THAT makes me angry.

Side note, they won't go nuts with large space. They love spacial territories! They aren't gold fish where you can stuff as many as you want in a tank! (Okay, sorry to the fish keepers about that one sentence. I was just ranting and most of my rants just turn into mindless anger management.) I hope someday animal abuse will stop. But that will only happen when no evil is in the world. And that will never happen. :( So we just have to hope that beardie owners find this site and get the facts straight.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
ahhhh i think this everytime i see a "bearded dragon youtube video"
most of the are just flat out insane. with a tonof bad info and even some these "professionals" at zoos and what not, are just giving the strangest advice.
and some of the treatment and feeding of people personal vids are just like ... really??? no no no! stoppppppp.
and then the info on the set ups, like lights and thermometers and other equipment is like what :banghead:
im glad you brought this up!!!
b/c i swear i do not think i have seen a really true to form good one yet.
i thinkkkkkkkkkkkk .... i think BD.org should do an OFFICIAL VIDEO!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
that would ROCK.
~Em

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I agree! An official "beardie basics" video, with lighting, temps, feeders, and cohabitation. Then we can link people to it when they ask for starter advice!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
ShannyBeard":3h8lvfab said:
What really stinks is a certain breeder who posts videos of his dragons eating scorpions, as if we really want the general public to feed their dragons scorpions, of all things. :angry5:

That particular breeder was the one I was considering purchasing from when I got my Norbert, but those videos really turned me off. How could they think that would be ok?! And they recently made a new video called "the perfect dragon" or something like that. It makes me so frustrated that they are so conceded when in reality the way they treat their dragons is horrible and a terrible example for new owners. :banghead:

I try to avoid most youtube videos about reptiles. Even the ones that are meant to be informative are riddled with misinformation that ends up just making me angry.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
OH MY GOD. I had to watch it to see what you guys were talking about. I HAD NO IDEA. They are treating those beardies like the brain surgeons who fight dogs (don't EVEN get my started on THAT!). They should be arrested (we all know that would never happen), fined big time and never, EVER be allowed to own a pet of any sort as long as they live (not even an ant farm!!). I am furious!!! :angry5: I got as far as the scorpion (saw that for about a second) and had to shut it off. How is this legal? Can someone tell me??

trinity040400

Juvie Member
TheWerewolf":smnt3eln said:
I hate how videos show beadies eating anoles! :x Like, do they really want to give a reptile another reptile? And other people will watch that and say, "cool, I'll get some anoles for my dragon." No, don't! Do you really want to promote cannibalism?! :angry5: THAT makes me angry.

Just a side note but beardies in the wild do eat other lizards. I am not AT ALL saying that ANYONE should feed them anoles or any other lizards!! I am just saying that they do eat other lizards, and I dont think it is cannibalism if it is a different kind of lizard??? Could be wrong about that.

Sorry I just like injecting little factoids some times.

Drayco75

Hatchling Member
I looked at some videos that was on Youtube about beardies and didnt care for much of them like this one video where they had two ferrets on a bed with a beardie clearly in the video the beardie was trying to get away but they kept pulling it back so the ferrets could harass it more and one of the ferrets was digging at the poor thing. I swear if i new were they lived i would kickdown there door and take the beardie and the ferrets that video was messed up in so many ways. :angry5: I also seen another video i think it was called Beardie tearing up lizards or something in that fashion. all i know is i was pissed at that video you could totally tell the lizards were suffering especially the last one it ate it left it there for almost a minute before it finished it off. i may be new to Beardies but not to other reptiles and as a avid reptile owner, watcher and lover these videos just rub me the wrong way. Ignorant and uneducated people that own herp's UHHHGGG :banghead: I can honestly say BD.org helped me a lot with my Beardies and i want to thank all of you that helped me out by answering my posts you guys are the best. :D :blob8:

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":io7ytuob said:
They aren't gold fish where you can stuff as many as you want in a tank!

That is not something that should be done either. As a fishkeeper with multiple tanks and species I take offense to someone posting that this is acceptable.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
It gets me infuriated. I saw the video of the ferrets harassing the beardie and I'm like, "My word! Give the beardie a place to hide!" The people should be arrested for ALL animal abuse. If their were videos of dog fighting the humane societies would be going crazy. But beardies fighting each other or eating other lizards they don't even care! :x Because, in their minds beardie aren't pets they're just decoration. NO. No animals are decor, they all have souls and feelings, even fish! :angry5:

I know beardies would eat other herps in the wild but those would get a chance to run. The anoles being fed to beadies don't even get a chance to run! That is what get's me. And if one species eats the same type of species I would call that cannibalism. So at least to me a beardie eating an anole is cannibalism.

I'm done ranting now. I really get wound up by these things. I just need to breath.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Mediabandit":wy17lhh3 said:
TheWerewolf":wy17lhh3 said:
They aren't gold fish where you can stuff as many as you want in a tank!

That is not something that should be done either. As a fishkeeper with multiple tanks and species I take offense to someone posting that this is acceptable.

Sorry about that. I got carried away. I know fish can't be stuffed into a tank. When I get into one of my angry rants I hardly think about what I'm saying. I'll be more cautious next time. :)

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Scorpions are very common in Australia, and so are smaller lizards. Beardies strike anything that moves and is small enough to fit in the mouths so wild beardies probably eat them. But still, why give your animals food that can fight back? Even if the scorpion wasn't poisonous, it still got those nasty pinchers :?

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
I agree! Just tonight I was on youtube and came across a video where not only was the guy feeding his beardie other lizards, but even worse they were lizards he caught in his backyard. So jacked up and dangerous! Some people commented on it and said not to do it but I was surprised at the people who said this is nature and people were being babies about it. :banghead:

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
trinity040400":24feeckw said:
TheWerewolf":24feeckw said:
I hate how videos show beadies eating anoles! :x Like, do they really want to give a reptile another reptile? And other people will watch that and say, "cool, I'll get some anoles for my dragon." No, don't! Do you really want to promote cannibalism?! :angry5: THAT makes me angry.

Just a side note but beardies in the wild do eat other lizards. I am not AT ALL saying that ANYONE should feed them anoles or any other lizards!! I am just saying that they do eat other lizards, and I dont think it is cannibalism if it is a different kind of lizard??? Could be wrong about that.

Sorry I just like injecting little factoids some times.

That is true but most of our beardies are captive bred and may not have the same immune system as wild beardies. Which is just one reason why it can be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom