Your rarest most colorful dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
I totally agree with spurlee, you really have no evidence, of anything, i don't care if you enhance your own photos you can't go calling out other people on it. I don't see what he would get out of enhancing them, maybe a few 'awesomes' and the likes but what does that really matter? Its not like this is a competition. You accusation was completely, un-needed and un-called for :\, also triple only has one 'p'.

prowler996

Juvie Member
Im not belittling anyone.

Im just pointing something out that to me is blatantly obvious.
I see the pictures of meathead and they jump out at me like beacons of picture molestation.

I can appreciate that the dragon is big and colorful. And it's not a personal jab. It's a gorgeous dragon. Never said that it wasnt.

But if your looking at dragons and wanting to appreciate them for their true beauty and gentics then it should be without enhancements or molestation. People unknowingly rave about the color of this particular dragon.
As if the dragon was truly a florescent orange dragon.

The true florescent dragons (or the closet that could be called such) have the translucent genes.

Im just calling him out on the carpet.

Thereby pointing out what I see to be an embellishment and distortion of the truth.

If I'm wrong then prove it as such... and show me some non enhanced photos of the dragon.

I will make a full apology.

But when looking at the actual genetic makeup of the animal... it is an orange phase norm german giant.

Call me harsh or crass... whatever you will. Personally I just find all the fuss over the enhanced meathead pics unwarranted that's all.

It is a gorgeous vibrant colorful healthy dragon. Im not trying to take that away from the creature.

Just dont post a picture that has been enhanced and not expect someone to call you out on it.

I find it an opportunity to show others the dragons that have this translucent/florescent trait.

An opportunity to show the dragons that have the genetics to back up this physical characteristic of color.

I know the truth hurts and I feel like a jerk for pointing that out. But I personally feel as though someone is trying to pull one over on me when they post obvious color enhanced photos. Just show me the true dragons colors. Plus I have put in far too much effort to find the real thing.

Consider getting a better camera if your not happy with the way they turn out.

The difference is a triple morph dragon 1200.00+ and the normal orange phase dragon 150 dollars.

Its because...
for me this has been a pursuit of finding this unbelievable beauty that I have sacrificed a great deal for. I have spent literally thousands and hundreds of hours. Going to shows dealing with breeders etc etc.

It's a lot more than just taking an orange dragon and enhancing the pictures so they look florescent.

Citrus Saturday Red Hypotranslucent Leatherback

Non color enhanced photo
IMG_3069.jpg

prowler996

Juvie Member
I'm not going to keep hashing this out.

I think Ive made my point pretty clear.

I did not intentionally try to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm just pointing out obvious truths. I can guarantee you 100% positive that the pictures were color enhanced. This I know to be a fact.

There are no dragons without translucent genetics that are florescent.

Sorry, it's just physically impossible.

That is my last response in this thread.

Fogles

Juvie Member
Here is Achilles

Maybe not the rarest in the dragon world, but rare to me :D

2010-01-06%2012.54.42.jpg

Picture When he isn't showing off to the girls across the room

2010-01-10%2002.19.37.jpg

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I gotta find Meathead a girlfriend...A big one. He goes after Stumpy and although she is old enough, she is only half his size and I think he would hurt her. :silent:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
I think your beardie has the blackest beard I have ever seen!

Meathead is a ham. I think he is adorable! I would love to meet him and give him a little sugar on the cheek. :love5:

Regardless, I think Meathead is a big, beautiful dragon! James has german giant in him but he didn't get nearly that big (like his momma - I would pay a fortune to have her as a pet)
Achilles has got some very pretty eyes :]

Speaking of, they're not ridiculously colorful, but they're still rare and wonderful to me :]

James
DSCN0124.jpg

Jesse
DSCN0083.jpg

Jazzy with her funky shed...
DSCN0087.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom