Youngest bd's length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
I have a bd that is 1yr and 3 months old which he is currently 15 1/2inches long, will he grow longer?

He is currently in a 40gallon viv with the right temps, feeding him dubias, silkworms, wax worms, horn worms, supers and mealies... I have to add that he was RARELY eating for about the last 4-5 months! I bought him from a breeder that said he didn't have them under UVB light and that he took them out everyday for some sun light! I believe he was 3 months old when I bought him and he was maybe about 8 inches long or smaller. the Breeder had also told me that he had him in a seperate tank as he was aggressive towards the others and was making him lose money from nips to the other bd's so he was housed in a 10gal for a while and the breeder also told me that he was eating A LOT but when I got him it has been contrary to what he said... I hope he can get longer or bigger as he looks kinda small to me compared to other beardies that I have seen before! anyone have any suggestions or answers on what will happen, if he is stuck like this for life or if there is a possibility of him growing.

Thanks to everyone that can give me some input ahead of time.
Bradley

Gail

BD.org Addict
What kind of UVB do you have? brand, bulb type and age please and what are your temps? Something is affecting his apatite and that needs to get worked out. A fecal might also be a good idea.
He is a little small but not excessively, it kinda sound like he might have gotten stunted at the breeders. He should have been larger at 3 months, not providing UVB can have a big affect on growth. He can still grow some but he has to be eating good.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I use reptisun 10.0 the one that he has just expired feb 22nd and I had to wait to get paid and then I bought it but it is on its way now. For his basking side I have a house flood light bulb and it is usually around 100-110 and on the cool side when the light is on its usually around 80-85 and at night the coldest I have seen it get was 75 depending if I have the fan on or not. as of today he is exactly 1yr 2months and 3 days old according to what the breeder told me was his hatch date.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Your care is spot on so its hard to tell why he is smaller. It could simply be that he doesn't have the genes to become a big dragon. Is he eating well now? I guess all you can really do is wait and see if he grows. As long as he is healthy, then his size doesn't matter.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just wish he would be longer... but I guess patience is a virtue. Lol thank you for helping me out.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just wish he would be longer... but I guess patience is a virtue. Lol thank you for helping me out.

mars32

My beardie is on the small side too for a year, but he has a big personality. I use to worry about Mojo's size too, but i think that some dragons like humans have different growths.

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess so... Ace has a VERY big heart and thinks that he is wayyyyyy bigger than he really is! I met up with someone from this forum around my area and I took my beardies and his biggest was Gigantic compared to Ace(atleast 1 1/2 his size) and Ace was the first to start black bearding and running at him but I wasn't going to let that happen! He's feisty for his size and like you said he definitely has a Big personality!

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Your welcome. lol! if you want more just let me know... Hey Yoshi is Gigantic next to Aceand I still give you a lot of props for that!

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
I worry about my 7-8 month old dragon's size because he is smaller than he should be but he seems to have hit a growth spurt recently so maybe he will catch up. I wonder if yours will go through a growth spurt too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom