You gave me a heart attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a normal day. I had given my 7 month old female Beardie called Xia (pronounced Zee-A) A bath and decided to warm her up in the sun. I took out my book and a little towel for her. She is very well behaved outside, and has never run or anything. I set the towel out on the ground and crunched up the edges into a little bowl shape. Then I sat down, opened my book and placed Xia on my leg. I sat there for a while reading, but then my leg was getting itchy from her talons, so I gently picked her up, and put her on my hand while I scratched my leg. Suddenly, her beard flushed black, and she flattened herself and puffed up. I freaked out, and before I could put her back on my leg she opened her mouth up and leapt onto the ground. She ran back towards the house. Since I have dogs, they would often go under the bottom of the house to do their business if it was raining; they are the only ones who fit under there. It got really smelly, so we put up this green mesh stuff to stop them from going under the house. It is now all Cobb webby, with spiders and loads of poo under there, so my lizard decided that would be a nice place to hide. I jumped up and reached for her, but she sped off towards the mesh with a smug look on her face. She stood half in, and half out of one of the holes. I stopped moving and started begging that she would stay like that. I moved forward really slowly, and she turned her head around, looked at me, and took off under the house.

Seeing as I was alone at home and only thirteen, I broke into hysteria and started crying. I raced upstairs, grabbed the phone and called my mum. She was 20 mins away t(-.-t) noooo!

I ran back downstairs and grabbed a huge broom, but there was no way I could reach her because she had run down near the back. The only thing that was stopping her from getting to the back corner was a large white tube that went from one end of under the house to the other width wise. If she somehow managed to get over that, and went to the back corner where there was a hole, I would never get her back. So I thought to myself, it’s my lizard and the poo, or keeping clean and no lizard. I obviously chose the second option and walked away....

Jks! I actually dived onto the ground and went to examine the mesh. Even if I could pull it away, there was probably no chance I would be able to fit under the house. But I gave it a go anyways. I pulled the mesh back, and went down feet first, seeing as I am rather skinny, I only just managed to squeeze through the opening and under the house. Conveniently, there are stairs in front of the opening...so It made it all the more harder to get around them and squish through the hole. Once I was under, it was like a scene from a horror movie, poo, everywhere *facepalm* My newly washed hair was doomed... I was now stuck on my back, with the broom that I had pushed through the opening, breathing in spider webs. I don’t know how I did it, but I managed to put the thought of crawling over poo out of my mind. I fumbled around, my hands and arms, and legs all scrambling through loads of poo….And I turned onto my stomach. I groaned whilst pushing the broom forward, wishing this wasn’t happening… And then I began my slow shuffle/ army crawl towards Xia. I managed to cover around 30cm when…Xia heard the broom move, and turned to look at me. I stayed still, but she turned her head to look at me. Again, I prayed she wouldn’t bolt. But her eyes twinkled and she somehow managed to leap over the white tube. I freaked out and started to crawl faster. She heard me coming up behind her and raced towards the hole in the corner, I slammed the broom down in front of her, and she was trapped. I managed to crawl over and eventually got her. The crawl back was hard, she was wriggling in my hand the whole time. I got to the opening and knew I was doomed. I was stuck, the stairs allowed me to get in, but not back out. I started crying again, and had to sit under the stinking house until my parents got home to help free me… and Xia. I am just really thankful that in the end she was safe, and back in her enclosure.
Next time, I will be more careful! She’s a cheeky girl, but you gotta love her! <3
And that was my Beardie tale for today, now, for my nice hot shower! >:D

That is too funny ( now that would be a short story to use for school,) my daughter is about the same age so i can see the humor in this story and laugh about it now even though i know this was very scary for you.
Glad it all worked out well for you and Xia.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Sorry I am laughing, but the way you told it it was funny and the ending was sweet!! 13 or not the things we do for our beardies!!! Glad you got your much needed shower! If I was your teacher I would give you an A for the story!!! Keep them coming!!

platinumtreasure

Hatchling Member
You certainly have a way with words! I am sorry too but I was sitting here in tears laughing at the way you told this! You should be a writer someday!

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Wow, Cocopops! My son is 14 and I don't know if he would have been that brave. Kudos to you for your determination, keeping your cool except for one small meltdown, and for being so incrediby brave. Kiss your beardie for us. Good job and great writing!

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Haha, thanks guys :3 I do love writing, I was thinking about being an author one day xD lol.
It was one of the biggest frights of my life, and dont worry abotu laughing, my mum laughed at me, and so did I!
I just really gotta watch her, she is sooo cheeky. Ill give her a kiss for you :3
thanks for replying, I will keep posting funny stories, but they dont come around often. Only short funny things happen, not long ones that got me stuck under the house for ten minutes like this xD
:banghead: :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Good job for rescuing her you are very brave.
I had almost the same experience...except my beardie decided to
dive under the stairs where ants were and I HATE
those bugs...but the stairs didn't go that far but I had to still
get down on the ground and crawl. Sorry, I don't meant to steal the thread
just saying I had to crawl for my lizard at times as well.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Oh no! you are'nt stealing the thread xD I dont mind, I like hearing other people's experiences :)))
Thats no good! at least you got him/her back, that is all that matter <3

label

Hatchling Member
Beautifully written, Cocopops! As a university lecturer I'm always really pleased to read really good writing by young people--it's very reassuring that SMS messages haven't completely taken the place of prose just yet.

I'm so happy that you and Xia have been reunited. Our beardie Shayvele is strictly an indoor lizard till we get her a harness. We can take our bluetongue outside but beardies are just too quick. Bluetongues move at, shall we say, a more stately pace.

Here's wishing you and Xia many clean, calm times together!

Cocopops248

Original Poster
haha, thanks Label :3
I'm looking out to see if I can find any harnesses, if not I'll just make her one :)))
I had no idea hey could move so fast!! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom