Yota the beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsiedawn

320261_264504326903421_100000315679859_891840_1432200900_n.jpg

Hi! This is Yota the 2 month old bearded dragon. Isnt she cute!!!!???? We got her about a week ago and so far so good. She eats ALOT! and she is the best cricket hunter ever! We are first time beardie parents and any suggestions would be great!

Right now she lives in a 20 gallon cuz shes just a wittle baby but soon she will be in a 55 gallon.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi and Welcome!! Congrats on your new baby! They do eat alot now but that's how they grow to be strong and healthy! There are answers here to just about any questions you may have!

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Everything looks good in your cage.....except for the sand. And before you say that it is special bearded dragon sand its not. Sand is sand and can cause impaction, this is really dangerous for her with her size. Tile is great just lay it in or non adhesive shelf liner this is super cheap to. But even tho sand may look nice, it can kill your beardie. If you have any other questions we are all here!! WELCOME!!

Beardiemama37

Hatchling Member
Cute Beardie !!! :D I love your name! Cuz my Niece is Chelsie and my name is Dawn and her name was supposed to be Chelsie Dawn, but my brother in law changed it to Chelsie Lynn at the last minute. :p

chelsiedawn

Original Poster
Thanx everyone. And i have been telling my boyfriend that she shouldnt have the sand but thats what hes been telling me "its special bearded dragon sand." lol liar! I actually have some shelf liner! I will go put it in right now. Is it a bad idea to have sand when she gets older? or should i just use tile? oh, and they have some liner at the reptile store thats sort of capet-ish. Would that be a good idea?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi welcome to the site!

Great that you are going to take out the sand! Tile would be a much better option, and to be honest, its very cheap. Cheaper than that reptile carpet you can get at a petstore, and tile is much easier to clean.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Basically any tile. You want there to be some texture to it, I don't know exactly what type of tile I use, but the two things you want are, easy to clean, and has some surface to grip on. You don't want you dragon to be sliding around when it tries to walk haha.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom