Yellow urate instead of white poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomommi

Hey Guys,
I have'n't been on in a wild because everything is fantastic. Well, until now. Ollie has been eating up to 65 crickets a day with silkies, mealies. Well, I have run out of worms for about 5 or 6 days and the elephant size poop mountains that she lays once a day have changed. The white urate (I think right word) has turned to a sulpher color yellow) Oh, and very stinky, like cat poop.
Should I be concerned????? :oops:
Thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok well the smell could be a sign of an increase in parasite levels especially since you are just giving crix but it could just be the dietery change.As for the yellow urates how often are dusting calcium?Many times yellow urates are simply a sign of too much calcium in their diet.How old is Ollie now?

zoomommi

Original Poster
I wrote to Vickie, the breeder, to ask her how old Ollie was when we got her. She was 6 inches when we got her on Dec 17th 08. Vickie never got back to me. Ollie is 12 inches already and I don't really know her age. I am guessing she is maybe 3 months old, but Ollie is our first dragon so I don't really have the experience to make that guess.
I gave her a good bath tonight hoping she would drink some water because that is really the only time she drinks. Now, she has been eating a lot more greens lately. Her current fav green are collard greens. The bath usually encourages a great bowel movement but no luck and no drinking. If anything, I am dusting less. I was dusting every meal, and have cut down to dusting one meal of crix a day and on Saturdays she gets vitamin dust on crix.
I have never had a fecal done, do you think a should??? :roll:
zoomommi

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Its always good to have a fecal done.The yellow could also be a little dehydration as well.So your dusting 5xper week with repcal now?What were you doing before that and when did you adjust it?You may want ot let her go a day or two without the calcium and see if that changes anything.If not then I would start considering getting her in for a fecal and some labs to test her kidney finction.So she didnt poop in the bath?If her urates are too hard she may have some trouble and a good massage in the bath may be in order or even a little canned pumpkin(that will help with both the pooping and the parasites).

zoomommi

Original Poster
Wow, thanks!
I am now a little nervous. I just checked and I have some canned punkin in the pantry. She has never had it, but she is eating like a pig now so i am sure she will love it.
The massage in the tub sounds great, but I am now sure how. Can you tell me where I could find out a good technique? I will do some research on it also.
You know, I have worried because she never sips on any water and that is why I give her a soak in the tub everyother day for hydration. But, I thought the increase in salad eating was doing her good in the water intake area.
You guys are great.
Thanks so so much Vickson420 !!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No problem at all.As for the massage the best and easiest way to do this is to begin under the belly near the armpit area and work inward and downward towards the vent in a circular motion.I also find gently rubbing along the sides again downwards towards the vent starting at tha armpit area helps relax their body as well.Yes the salad would add some hydration but not enough to stop or reduce the baths IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom