Yellow fungus?????!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Hi
I just got my new beardie two weeks ago (kien)
He has an awesome home and all the proper items heating food and all. We don't use sand either we use the turf stuff.
Well the first week I had him I noticed he will not use one of his toes and it looked yellow to me. Well as I look him over really well I noticed two yellow spots on his belly. After further research I am not freaking out that it could be yellow fungus! Can you please take a look at these two pic and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks so much

86707-4105473105.jpg
86707-3761103051.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The toe doesn't look like anything more than a bit of shed and the belly color is too faint to really tell. Give it a bit of time, soak him a bit and see if you can stroke it lightly with a soft toothbrush. If it gets worse then it may be something fungal....right now it may be a bit of poo or something. He looks fat + healthy right now. :)

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi
I just got my new beardie two weeks ago (kien)
He has an awesome home and all the proper items heating food and all. We don't use sand either we use the turf stuff.
Well the first week I had him I noticed he will not use one of his toes and it looked yellow to me. Well as I look him over really well I noticed two yellow spots on his belly. After further research I am not freaking out that it could be yellow fungus! Can you please take a look at these two pic and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks so much

86707-4105473105.jpg
86707-3761103051.jpg

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for getting back with me so fast!
His toes worries me as he will not use it and it's yellow which is really hard to see in the pic. He lifts it up and won't put it down. Any thoughts on that?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) The toe just looks a little irritated, the nail may have snagged on something but it doesn't look serious. Does he not walk on it ? It could even be sprained or broken but something like that just heals with time.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You have been awesome!!
He walks on that foot and all nails but that one he keeps that yellow one up in there air.
And when I saw the yellow spots on his belly I got so scared for him. I made a vet appt for thurs but it stinks as we don't have a reptile special any where near :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't look too much like yellow fungus. You can try using a toothbrush in a bath, gently, as suggested, to see if it comes off. To be proactive, you could get some lamisil or monistat anti-fungal cream to put on the area in case it could be fungal in nature.
The toe does look bad, he could have snagged it on a branch possibly. You can use some antibiotic ointment or raw unpasteurized honey on it, to keep it from getting infected.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to all you have answered my post

Yes his poor toe :( he still is not using it and it was like that when we brought him home, it's still yellow as well and does put it down. When I touch it it seems limp :( the yellow did NOT come off when I bathed him again.

I will def try the antibiotic ointment!
I will keep you posted

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No :(
That's why I am going to cancel that appt as I don't want just any doc to look at him. I am trying to find one near me ugh. I live in palm coast FL
Where you able to see better in these last pic?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
The stomach picture comes out clear. With these guys it's best to let an experienced reptile vet look things over. Luckily dragons travel easily. I make a 5 hour round trip to get to my exotic vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom