Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had our BD for almost a month now and bought him/her from PetsMart. We noticed a tiny brown spot on the stomach about a week later, and weren't sure exactly what it was but we've been monitoring it over the last couple of weeks. Now it looks like a yellowish patch has formed around it, and we're thinking it could be YF, based on other online photos. Just in case, I bought Lamisil, Betadine, and acidophilis today, as I've done research over several forums, and it seems that is how a lot of BD owners have treated YF on their dragons. We don't really have any exotic pet vets in our immediate vicinity, so we're trying to do what we can here, and thought I'd get input from you all, and your thoughts on what it could be. This is the only BD we have, and it's very active and eating every day, and nothing looks odd about its feces. It's also in the middle of its first shed, which is what you are seeing at the base of the tail, in the photos below.
d8f6c4f9-5842-4405-9245-c76ef4308272.jpg

7bd02c5e-4cdf-46bb-88ae-3f88c66a74cd.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....well, it does look like there's a possibility. But there's also the possibility [ hopefully ] that it is unshed skin. Sometimes when they have a wound, like his little spot there, that area sheds differently + unevenly from the rest of the body. I've seen it with some of my females that had been mated, where the male grasps the back of the neck and sometimes leaves a small sore, that may shed differently for a while after. That would be a best case scenario for you, but you do have all the right stuff to apply and it would be good to start right away with the treatment. Hopefully it will not be Y.F. If it is , there's also a medicine that can be given called Itraconazole, but would have to be prescribed by a vet. See how he does with the Betadine + topical cream and go from there.

little_gardener_24

Original Poster
In response to your questions:

1. Has your beardie been eating? (Yes, eats like normal every day, though it seems to have slowed down a bit since it started shedding.)

2. Is the skin in the area peeling? (I haven't seen shedding in that area yet, just on the top half (head, back, tail, feet).)
3. If you touch the area does your beardie... pull away, flinch etc? (It flinches a bit if you touch it on the right side.)
4. what uvb and heat light is your beardies tank using? (13 watt flourescent UVB bulb and 60 watt ceramic heat emitter)
5. What do you feed your beardie? (dark greens, crickets, waxworms - also use repti-calicum/repti-vitamin)
6. what substrate do you use? (Terrarium carpet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom