Yellow beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kstone98

Original Poster
Gormagon":2fah1idp said:
No.... Quite the contrary! You will see them perk up and be more active and, eat better.
Wow really! Is that just because they enjoy having there own space more?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Funny thing is they do sometimes sulk a little bit, esp. the one that goes to a new tank. But even the one left in the original tank may act differently or may be just as usual. I had a few sub adult females in a 300 gallon enclosure some years ago, when I sold 2 the remaining one did go through a phase of despondency, but it's still best to separate dragons due to the severe injuries they can inflict on one another out of the blue.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Kstone98":24oq5f5i said:
Gormagon":24oq5f5i said:
No.... Quite the contrary! You will see them perk up and be more active and, eat better.
Wow really! Is that just because they enjoy having there own space more?
No, its because one doesn't have to defend its territory and the other doesn't feel intimidated. They can both reelax and enjoy life for a change.

Kstone98

Original Poster
AHBD":3jgr4s1r said:
Funny thing is they do sometimes sulk a little bit, esp. the one that goes to a new tank. But even the one left in the original tank may act differently or may be just as usual. I had a few sub adult females in a 300 gallon enclosure some years ago, when I sold 2 the remaining one did go through a phase of despondency, but it's still best to separate dragons due to the severe injuries they can inflict on one another out of the blue.
Aw okay well thankyou I just care about the health and happiness of my dragons so I'll find a new viv asap thankyou!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Another thing I noticed in your pics was the pellets as a substrate. My personal opinion of loose substrates is not to use them. All of the research I have read on this says they can be a health hazard if ingested as it can cause impaction. Impaction can cause paralysis and even death in dragons. I leave nothing to chance when it comes to my dragon's health and wellbeing.

I always recomend a solid substrate like tile, nonadhesive shelf paper, paper towels or, newsprint. You can use repticarpet but keep two for each viv because when they poop on it, it will need to be cleaned(washed) then you put the second one in while doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom