Yellow Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
So my 6 year old bearded dragon has been doing really super well, but recently (I'd say the last couple of days) all of the scales under her mouth/jaw are turning a yellow tint when naturally she is white all over her chin. She has no yellow in her natural coloring at all (she's a red bearded dragon).

Here's some info about her. She's in a massive viv where the warm side gets to be 98 degrees and the cool side is in the high 70s. She's got plenty of places to hide, bask, and climb! She has a 75Watt heat light and a 10.0 UVB tube that I just put in in July. She has been acting normally to the heat. To my knowledge, she hasn't fallen and hurt herself at all although I am at work for almost 8 hours a day and have little idea of what she could have done during the day. She is very alert. Her eyes are open and when I come near she perks her head up. She eats a big bowl of veggies every day (whatever I have from a list of kale, mustard greens, endives, collard greens, dandelion greens/puffs although not recently, broccoli rabe) that she's given in the morning and can munch on periodically. This is dusted with calcium powder a few times a week. Every other day she gobbles down about 15 dubia roaches.

Aside from this weird coloring, she's been acting completely normal and has been alert. Her color has been coming back beautifully since I got her back July 1st (my mom took care of her for a few years while I was in college and wasn't feeding her properly and was using 5.0 UVB) and she's actually gained weight to a point where she has a healthy amount of fat reserves. Really honestly there's nothing wrong with her aside from this weird color. I was kind of thinking it could be her shedding weird, but I've never heard of skin turning yellow first????????

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here are some pictures!! She's been shedding on her legs, on her back between her back legs, and her tail looks like it's about to shed soon because the color is starting to dull.

92894-5525508537.jpg
92894-299895057.jpg
92894-6001395304.jpg
92894-1299644616.jpg

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your response! Sure enough when I woke up this morning it was starting to shed off! I had never really seen her shed there before so it was odd, but she's been going through a lot of changes since being put on a consistent diet with proper UVB. Luckily this was a case of me worrying too much :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom