Yellow area of tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvally

My bearded dragon has a yellow area of his tail. My bearded dragon had a scrape of the area and no infections/fungus anything came up. What could be the issue here? She's had the black spot for at least a year and it pretty much grew with her for a bit untill it stopped and receeded a little bit. There isn't any tenderness in the area and she shows no signs of pain when any of it is touched. She holds her tail fine when running. Otherwise she is fine - she eats heartily, has zero lethargy, active, no black bearding and her personality is the same as it always has been. Again, after the skin scrape came back with nothing I'm unsure to as what it could be. Can it be natural colouring, staining or something?
107050-254968280.jpg
107050-1102530724.jpg
This is what it looks like after a recent shed.

If you need its care - her temps are around 100 degrees, she is about a year and a half years old, she has an arcadia t5 tube above her, she gets fed locusts, silkworms and superworms with veggies fed generally everyday. She gets bathed every so often and has access to a waterbowl in her enclosure. humidity stays below 40% during the day. She's on a topsoil/play sand mixture (she used to be on a sort of vinyl flooring, but she enjoys the enrichment she can get from digging etc).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep an eye on it, but that just looks like patches of yellow scales rather than an infection. Could be stained by something or could just be another oncoming shed. Sometimes they shed back to back like that. Keep a look out for scales that start to look scabby or wounded. That is usually a more reliable sign of a potential problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom