Xray included on page 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered there might be a couple different sicknesses? Have you had her checked for an upper respitory infection? Which could add to her weezing and clicking sounds. Or parasites? I had a couple of females with pinworms, and both passed. I hadn't realized they had them until it was too late. But I did get the other's checked and they had it too. So I was able to get them meds. They are all good now. But some of the symptoms you have listed made me think of the possibility of parasites.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks miss T. I have a single mil syringe in. :)
2008, all the dragons got a full antiparasite treatment about a month ago, but thanks for the suggestion.

Update: slowly brought temp of morning bath up to gently wake her, and parked her arse on a hotter when we dried off. Breathing a little deeper than I'd like, but less poppy. Swore quietly at me when giving some critcare, but she had a couple of mils. Now in tank with hotter as it warms up. 70f before lights on. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
It might be worthwhile leaving a sample in- most parasites need at least 2 doses of panacur to clear then, roughly 2 weeks apart :)
let us know how the vet visit goes!!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
*tips a wink* Yup, and that's why they got two doses, exactly 15 days apart. I have a whole bottle of the stuff in the fridge, and a pot of AviPro on standby.

IMAG0630.jpg

Vet says he's not hot on his beardies, but he's the stuff when it comes to small mammals (hamsters especially). He says her lungs look clear and that she doesn't appear eggbound (which is nice to know), but he'll be happy to supply me with Baytril should she get wheezy again. I might be able to load a bigger picture if you want it :)

Says she's also the best behaved lizard he ever met, good as gold and did as she was told, even though she clearly wanted to have a good look round.

She grumped at me when I gave her the last of the CC, but she enjoyed the bee pollen chunks I popped in her mouth. They taste funny.

I also inadvertently discovered that Hyphen doesn't need a plate at dinnertimes. Mmmm, pinkbits.

IMAG0627.jpg

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have gone to sleep early and will pick up messages in the morning.

Kyle is pottering clumsily round her tank, but I am happy to let her get on with it as the lights are due out any minute - I'll ask Rich to do her a hotterbotter later.

I have just discovered he recorded me snoring last night. Apparently it's ok, because it's "cute".

Way to make a gal feel ladylike. (But at least I got some sleep.)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha! My hubby does that to me!! Nightmare!!

I just caught the photo of the x-ray - im going to look back at a few I have to compare (im not the most experienced with x-rays but I have different 'things' marked on the ones I have). Hopefully someone else will get it! If you are on again, change the title of the thread on your original post - just add 'x-ray included on page 5.

Hope Kyle gets a good sleep!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Miss T.

EDIT: update 15/08 - bringing you up to speed.
Was diagnosed dehydration sickness.
Rehydrated successfully, now need to recover lost muscle mass and fats.
Xray on this page if anyone wants to see/comment.

Any suggestions/info welcome.

Kyle is female, never laid infertile eggs, and is four.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Adding a small amount of bee pollen to a critcare diet makes for prettily scented yellow poop.

Kyle much more like Kyle now, just need to rebuild appetite, fats and muscles. Will offer her some veg and butterworms in a bit, to see if she's interested yet, but early days.

Update: Was interested in watching worms, but couldn't bring herself to move and get them. She complained that the basil tasted icky, but two leaves when down. Used beepollen crumb in the side of her mouth and swiftly parked a butterworm in it when she opened up. Worm also went down with fervour, but that was enough for today she said.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a good x-ray, thanks for posting it.
There doesn't seem to be any eggs or masses that I can see right now.
How is she doing today?
The bee pollen is very good so I would continue to use that for her. Hopefully she will start eating some worms for you soon, even if she doesn't like Basil!

Tracie

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, it's always nice to get a second opinion.

As mentioned, she's definitely back to being Kyle, but very weak. She was bowing at Tsam (she glimpsed him when taking a quick walk out of the tank), but it was clearly hard work and it made her head tremor as the effort to keep it going took its toll.

I am well aware it will take time to recover, so I'll keep giving her a twice daily half dose of critcare, beepollen and water, and keep pestering her with tasty foods.

She's currently dozing on her swing - I keep catching her trying to climb her log and realised she wanted to be a touch more vertical than on the floor. She has accepted the swing as a compromise, and it's nice and close to her heatlamp. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
You might want to blend up some greens too- the critical care you are usin is very high in protein so she won't be getting much fibre in her diet with just it :)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not a bad idea! I can make a batch and freeze some in cubes. What greens would survive blending best?

Tsam and Hyph are both mental for broccoli, but the girls have never been interested.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Bee pollen and critcare went down fast today - she's feisty enough to go back to her old ways of syringe biting. It makes it way easier as I can bloosh it into her beard cavity where she can safely swallow without risk of choking. :)

Also used same technique as yesterday to POP a fresh shedded morio in her mouth. She thought about it and then ate it, but only managed half if the second one before she got too tired. (Tsam is gross, he was happy to eat the leftover wriggling half.)

MissT

BD.org Addict
I thought I had replied to this yesterday- clearly I was on another planet!!!!!
I usually just blend up 'fresh greens' or 'spring greens' from the supermarket and feed with a spoon or put the liquid into a syringe :)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No worries and thanks.

We had a bit of a cough, beard and a bubble this evening, but that's passed. I also realised why she kept getting up from the warm, comfy shady spot I kept trying to put her in - I forgot there was a jeweled mirror behind her swing. Clearly the dragon in the "window" was too much for her. I've taken it out and she settled down again. :)

I often catch Tsam having a quiet chat with his, though he does on occasion beat it up. But he's a whole lot better now if he sees another dragon. Immersion therapy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom