Xena struggling ~ R.I.P. My Special Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Colors look great! It looks like she is resting confortably and I am glad to hear you are getting some comfort time too!

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Wow...your ups and downs with poor Xena have been keeping me on the edge of my seat! I had gotten a little lazy about giving Stella good snuggles because I lost her blanket. So now I have new ones coming (Thank you Dawn!!! :D ) and I have been making up for lost snuggle time. She gives me the stink eye until I pick her up and wrap her up in a nappy dish towel so she can go to sleep. I guess a nappy dish towel is better than nothing...but i can't wait to get her blankie!!! :blob8: :blob5:

I hope that Xena is over the worst of this latest scare. I'm glad that you have such wonderful, knowledgeable friends here that were able to talk you through this. You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracy & Stella

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
She moved a few inches from where she was in the picture, her colors are about the same, albeit she does still have the dark beard & shoulders & sidebars. My sweet baby girl has been thru so much, I just want her better.

We just checked her temps, good, but she does want the cool side. She has moved her head a couple more times like that left-right-gator-thrash, but no more vomit so far. We're going to keep tabs on her quietly thru-out the night.

I really wish beardies could talk! (altho they do communicate if we're paying attention) Psycho snuggle helped me immensely. Crash is keeping an eye on Xena's wall, its like he's tuned into her. Quasi is already soundly nestled in for the night, he's oblivious.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
we're on round two, Carl had taken her out because she kept going head-higher, and we want her head-lower -- now she's acting like she's going to throwup again -- its like she's having dry heaves. Her stripes are getting screwey again, I can't stand this

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh geez I am sorry. Did she vomit again? If she insists on moving herself then let her do it sometimes they know better what is best for them then we do.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
No, just dry heaves... no more vomit. We took her out of her viv so we could position her better. Then she saw her snuggie and started crawling toward it. It was like her legs didn't want to work well. I know she's wiped out, but I really really hope this isn't a new symptom of anything?

But we let her crawl toward it, and she nestled into it. We opened the velcro closure so we can see her, but she is covered by 1/2 the flap, so she feels "covered" ... she has calmed down again. we tucked a blankiet folded in 4ths under to slightly tip her backend up.

Carl is going to let her sleep in her snuggie on his chest to keep her in the inverted position we need her in. He's a super light sleeper when kids are sick, so the slightest movement from her and he'll wake if he drifts off. I am going to try and get a few hours sleep while he has her, I'll be up and down thru the nite.

She wiggled a few times like she wanted to poo, and puffed herself up when she wiggled. I hope that's a positive sign too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Dawn,

How is Xena doing? Poor girl, she sure has spunk doesn't she?
I hope that she is feeling better soon & that she doesn't throw up anymore. It is probably too soon for supers since she probably isn't digesting real well yet.
Get some rest! At least she has her blankie to snuggle in too. That is precious Carl is letting her sleep on his chest. I know she must love that!

Tracie

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
We had a few more episodes thru the night, belly gurgles, dry heaves & restlessness like she needed to throw up but couldn't / didn't. Carl still has her on his chest, with the heatingpad on low + his body heat until lights-on time. There seems to be a couple hours between each time, so we're both going to get a quick nap now that the kids are off to school, I postponed my early a.m. appt with my customer.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Dawn! Sorry to hear Xena is not doing too good. It sounds like you and Carl had a long night. Hope you can both get some sleep today and that Xena will rest comfortably as well. Poor Girl!
Give her some extra suggles from us down here in FL.
Hugs to all of you!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
we've had a rough morning with her, basically the vet said there's nothing he can do for her, just to make sure we keep her hydrated.

Soooo, time for common "mom sense" -- she is very lethargic today. Her color is really crappy, too. I got to thinking, her MegaRay is getting close to the 1-year old mark, so what if her UVB isn't putting out enough for her to get better, and digest. (hey, at least I'm trying to cover every last base here). So we got out the emergency Repti-Sun 10.0 bulb, its only an 18", but we have it on her now to see if it may help, its a brand new bulb. We have it about 7" from her, suspended by chains, but we can still reach her if needed.

She is breathing slow and somewhat labored.
Her eyes are half-mast.
She is opening her mouth real wide with a 1/2-hearted dry heave.
We'll be doing a pedialyte butt soak shortly.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Oh Dawn, I haven't been on line all weekend, just came on and saw this, I will be praying for Xena!!!

Mary

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear that Xena yet had more episodes last night an is still not feeling well this morning. :(

Hopefully the new Reptisun will perk her up a bit...times like this sucks not having a UVB meter doesn't it? You could be right though. I hate guessing about that. Good that you have spare bulbs for these occassions though.

Snuggles From Us To You Xena! :love5:

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Aw poor Xena, she is going through it! Hope she gets better real soon for you.

Hugs from me and Pepper (from the other side of the world :) )

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
My special love lost her battle today, my heart is in a thousand pieces. I can't even give details of her last few hours right now. I'll post details when I can. Carlye is really taking this hard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom