Would you be intersted in a Beardie Childrens Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
I was thinking about trying to write the adventures of Mr. Franklin my beardie after Thanksgiving when all the kids wanted to see him and kept asking for a story about his "adventures" I sorta gave them a little fictitious story about him coming to America because he wanted to be in the Movies.

Anyway would anyone be interested in something like that? Think there's maybe a market for beardie adventure books for kids?

Love to have anyone's input

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
My Katherine was working on one for awhile. When we lost Bogie she quit. It hurt too much. Perhaps she will start again and we can all put out beardie books for kids. :D It is a totally untaped market. Who knows? We might become wildly popular.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah i have a rough draft started. It's not like childrens books have to be very long right?? Anyway Mine's going to be called Franklin comes to America and it's going to be all about how he left Australia to come be a movie star in the USA. We'll see how it goes lol

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Length depends on the market targeted. 32 pages for the average picture book. Short chapter books are longer of course and board books shorter. My library has books on getting started. See what yours has.

Right now I am illustrating a story/song about a turtle that Katherine wrote. Will post it for review when we are done.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's some really good information, I'll use it! I'm going to keep this thread updated with my progress and you can give your your opinion when i've got something more solid, i wouldn't imagine you know anything about getting something like that published would you? :lol:

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
Currently I'm working on one called " Draco's Adventures" I kinda wanna make it into a series of books like if you ever read the frog and toad kid stories, I loved those as a kid :3 My first ones about babysitting and watching over his siblings the geckos. I wish you luck on your story, and I would defiantly pick one up :D

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
The Writers Market is a great magazine for budding writers. There are also several books out on publishing children's books. Your best bet is to find a simular style kid's book and go to that publisher's web site. That way your info is up to date. Things change so fast now.

Might do a "field test" at your kids school or local library. If no interest there, ask the kids what would make it better. Kids know what they like. :D

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
good call sandy, I'm going to test it out on the nieces and nephews to see if they get interested in Franklins adventures, then we take it to the next level. I'm kinda writing a small paragraph per page with simple words? I don't know what age group it will be for, but It's definitely coming along! I'm going to post a copy here and see what everyone thinks too when I have a better rough draft

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
*shyly raises hand*

In my "other" life I run a publishing company. We've done a few children's color books, though on a pretty specific topic. However, I'd be willing to talk to anyone who would be interested in publishing their work. It'd take a lot of networking and a lot of getting out there on the sales front -- the book biz is tough even for the big guys - but hey, if we're writing about and promoting beardies, then it's all good! Right? :mrgreen:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Don't be shy, friend. Step right up and tell us what to do. :D Tell us about your publishing co. or send us to your web site. Katherine and I will gladly meet your requirements. I homeschool and this would be an awsome lesson. Hopefully a profitable one for all concerned. :mrgreen:
What topic do you usually deal with. Maybe we can come up with something. :blob8: :blob5:

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
protiemama":303ocp9b said:
Don't be shy, friend. Step right up and tell us what to do. :D Tell us about your publishing co. or send us to your web site. Katherine and I will gladly meet your requirements. I homeschool and this would be an awsome lesson. Hopefully a profitable one for all concerned. :mrgreen:
What topic do you usually deal with. Maybe we can come up with something. :blob8: :blob5:

Send me a PM. I'd prefer you have your own illustrator, and then I'd need to see the story and the illustrations and we'd talk about expectations and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom