Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
The pictures are kind of crappy quality, they were taken with a cell phone, and it's dirty since she hasn't finished cleaning it out yet.
DSCI0237.jpg

DSCI0239.jpg

I have not seen this in person yet, it's in Tacoma and I won't be able to see it in person till Saturday.
The information I have so far:
The bottom level has a built in heating pad (which I won't be using, obviously!) and then the top 2 levels dont go all the way back so that if you put branches and climbing toys in it they can get up or down from each level (I'm thinking I'll probably build some sort of ramp system, I'm really paranoid about animals falling since my ferret fell and broke his back, and while Priss is an excellent climber, accidents happen). there are no built in lights (I'm thinking UVB & basking will be on top level against the cut out part, but I am a bit concerned about being able to heat the lower levels properly... would it be feasible to have the lower level be the "cool side"? I'm also torn on if I would have to have a UVB bulb on every level? Because that would be a no deal, no question, $120 a year on lighting for one dragon is just too much.). It is 2ft left to right, 2 ft front to back and from the top to floor about 4ft tall, the distance between the 3 shelf levels is about 1-1 1/2 ft for each section (it looks taller than that to me, but again, haven't seen it in person).

I'm emailing her back asking about venting since it kind of looks like the back is made out of screen but with the quality of the pictures I can't be sure. Or is it just too impractical and I should just say "No thanks" and move on?

jsnow08

take out the top two levels and put it on its side, perfect 4X2X2!
haha nah

it might work. bearded dragons are more about floor space than up and down space though as im sure you know.
i would put uvb lights on every level but thats just me. and probly a basking bulb on the top and bottom level.
do you have access to each level?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL, I did consider that! the levels aren't removable, however. I'm guessing access is gained through a swinging door on the front, so I would be able to get to all levels. I do know it's more about the floor space, but I was thinking it might work since each level has a floor she wouldn't have to climb that far to get into, espesially with ramps, which would be giving her nearly 12 sq ft of floor. *sigh* The more I think about it, the less practical it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom