would this be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
when i was cleaning out all the substrate in the viv today i let my mom look after Bo (my beardie) and he jumped off the chair and landed on its feet, now it is walking funny not like its dragging but his right front foot is doing like a twitch in the air. it is able to catch its cricks still and leap to its branch from the walk, is this something to worry about?

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I would go with yes...
It might not be a problem, might heal up just fine.
On the other hand, reptiles don't tend to let you know when they're hurting and there is a chance it can swell and get infected. If you have a good reptile vet and are still noticing a limp tomorrow, I would definitely go in.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
you going yes to something to worry about or should it be fine? sorry :(

if its serious there should be swelling soon yhe?

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Ok... this your reptile and your decision.
I am not a vet and I'm not there.
For ME: If I knew my beardie had taken a bit of a spill and was then limping, there would be some pretty immediate vet action. Small problems can get to be BIG problems very quickly. Reptiles don't handle medicine especially well and the smaller the problem, the shorter the med treatment.

But it's also quite possible that he can heal up just fine on his own.

Just keep in mind that reptiles tend to try to avoid showing they are in any kind of pain or have an injury.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok but it did land on carpet which is fairly soft, would it swell up if it was serious though?

its ok to have a say when your helping :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
Does it look swollen at all? If not I would most likely keep an eye on it today and see how things go. If he is still limping tomorrow, then I would consider a vet check. Could be bruised or just stung, or could be sprained... hard to tell. :)

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I've had my beardies leap off my shoulder and land on a tile floor- freaks me out every time.
I've never seen one limp. At all. So my concern is more along the "did he land on his leg funnily" lines...

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well its 10 in the evening here so tomorrow isnt long, hoepfully it isnt something serious, i think its a limp anyway its right front leg like reaches up doing a high five

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
na it was doing it when its walking or running, but it still keeps support on it, you know like full force down, not sure if its tryin gto hide it :?:

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Sounds a little funny. If it was a break or something serious he would more likely try and keep weight off of it. I would check him over very carefully, like everyone says, beardies can hide problems very well. I might check all of his joints on the affected side. Check his elbow and shoulder, move it gently and listen for any creaking or cracking. Check for swelling or any slight darkening around any joint. Check his toes for any deformities. if there is nothing obvious by morning, try giving him a bath and see how he moves in there. if it is a sore muscle the bath can help it loosen and the buoyancy can help him move around more easily.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well today im still puzzled it is a limp, because im not really sure what a bearded dragon limp would look like because i am more concentrated on its walk more it might just be me noticing it walk funny but i am still not sure, i checked its legs over both front legs (even if it had a limp im sure it would be one of the front ones) and theres doesnt seem to be any swelling, i also gave it a bath and it dont like baths lol it goes in and it stands completely still for like 3 minutes (water is warm) but the bath did make it do a number 2. im completely unsure hat to do my mom said its not limping so does everyone else but im honestly not sure.

also thanks for your help so far!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom