worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristy80

Hi there can i get some help if possible

2 days ago i got a pygmy dragon

We had enclosure troubles but that is sorted now and he is on newspaper.

The thing im worried about is he has only pooped once since having him which was yesterday morning.

he is eating ok ( crickets 3 times a day)

Is this normal for him?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure I know what a pygmy dragon is, but you did not mention how old the dragon is.

I know baby dragons poo more than adults do. We will need more information to be able to help.

kristy80

Original Poster
He is about 10 weeks

pygmy dragon (pogona henrylawsonii)
also called downs and dwarf

His enclosure is 3ft has a uvb 2 foot ligh and heating is emitter i have a thermostate which is set on a bout 37

His substrate is newspaper

LJean

Extreme Poster
Ok, what is the temperature of the actual basking spot? If the basking spot temps aren't high enough, he may not be digesting his food properly. Do you have a bright white light in the tank during the day? The lighter the tank (during the day) the better. A tube light and heat emitter doesn't produce much light. Won't seem like daylight.
If temps are the same for both dragons, babies like basking temps around 105-110f/40.5c-43c

kristy80

Original Poster
He pooped about half hr ago So he mst be fine

I dont ahve a white light in there dont think there would be room for one lol

I wasnt told u needed a white light they said the emitter is better than having a normal night as heating

I think i am going to ring a reptile shop here in QLD if i can find one

Its so confusing

First i was told sand was bad by the shop so got walnut shells instead then ive been told thats bad so now he is on newspaper

All in 2 days

Thanx for ur input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom