Worried that ive made a huge mistake with UVB lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnt0012

Original Poster
Today He's eaten a total of 13 crickets, and not even 3 days ago he wouldnt even eat 5 in a day and he still has another feeding to go!! Thanks again to all of you who have helped me through the past 2 days on getting him back to good health!! :D :D :D
90924-9661260731.jpg
90924-6376431798.jpg
90924-409433544.jpg

Shawnt0012

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, sorry for my late response. Its been 2 days with the new light and hes doing great. No bad side effects, eaten 15 crickets today, still has another feeding, pooping daily, drinking plenty of water and is basking alot. Im glad ive found this wonderful site and all the incredibly nice people on it who want to give you good advice for the well being of your beardie. Not bullshit advise just to sell you another bad product like most pet stores and other places online.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is looking much better! That's great he is eating more now also. I am happy that he is improving so much for you. :D He should be just fine.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Drache613":20hgsh3j said:
Hello,

That is wonderful you have already seen some drastic improvements with him then! :D
It is a great sign that his appetite has already increased, too. Continue with the daily calcium dustings like that & it should help out a lot with his new light also.
I am glad he doesn't have any trouble climbing then, hopefully you have caught it in time before it started affecting his bones in any way.
So the screen top has wide mesh? The mesh does block out some of the UVB though. <<< the area blocked by the mesh material can be as high as 30% , so effectly 30% of the UVA and UVB are blocked by the mesh.

So you might consider placing it underneath of the screen top if you get a chance so he can get within 6-8 inches from it. At 10 inches that isn't too bad. Does the light fixture have reflective backing on it?
It sounds like he is going to be just fine & loves to be held too.
I am sure he will love a tank upgrade also.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Shawnt0012":1tsq9cye said:
Today He's eaten a total of 13 crickets, and not even 3 days ago he wouldnt even eat 5 in a day and he still has another feeding to go!! Thanks again to all of you who have helped me through the past 2 days on getting him back to good health!! :D :D :D
90924-9661260731.jpg
90924-6376431798.jpg
90924-409433544.jpg
He certainly looks happy and healthy .... a cheaky little bugger too ....

I've noted a reddish tinge in the colours , if the basking light is one of those coloured globes (red coloured say) I recommend replacing it with ASAP with a clear colourless incandescent as the beardies have excellent colour vision and the red tinge case by a red basking light will change the colours of stuff like greens and veg and bugs and make it harder for the hatchling to see what is food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom