worried Gwen is impacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
She's only been off the calcium less than a day. Be patient, it may take a day or two more. Just keep giving the olive oil 2x a day and bathe her once or twice a day as well.

pappy1264

Original Poster
Ok. Tried to see if she wanted a worm, she turned her face. I put greens in, looks like she ate some of those (or just made a mess with them..lol) Will keep doing as you say.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
If it makes you feel any better, I started giving my two gravid females calcium every day because they need it for their eggs. They straight up didn't poop for a week! :? I stopped giving calcium for 2 days and on the third day, they both pooped in the bath. After that, I only gave it 3x a week and they haven't had too much of a problem. If they don't poop one day, I don't give them calcium until they do. It seems to have worked thus far. Be patient and celebrate when she does finally poop :lol:

pappy1264

Original Poster
WE HAVE POOP! (Huge and stinky, while in the tub...I swear I could see the relief on her face...think I saw her smile! lol I know I did!!!)

pappy1264

Original Poster
You got that right!! lol Thank you guys for the help. I have so much to learn, I have been reading like crazy.

pappy1264

Original Poster
Ok, so she pooped last Wednesday for the first time...and here we are almost a week later and no more poop again. I am at a loss. I just got my digital therm and set it up, her basking spot is only 91 (was 92, just went down), cool side is 77. I am using a 100 watt regular bulb, so should I get a 65 watt halogen spot light instead to use? She is in a 40 gal breeder (also have a reptisun 10.0 right next to the basking lamp and I also have to the right of that under her hide an UTH for at night.)

pappy1264

Original Poster
Ok, I think something is seriously wrong. I got Gwen on a Friday, and she didn't poop until the following Wednesday (in the tub, soak her every day). Now it is 8 days again since she has pooped. Her basking spot is now hotter, but she doesn't like to stay up there long (I put her up there, she eventually climbs back down.) Gwen is a 3-4 yo beardie with a history of MBD. I am feeding her greens, and superworms (dusted 3 days a week.) I have a reptisun 10.0 bulb and a 100 watt regular bulb right next to it. I do have an UTH on the hot side (under her hide) which she likes to sleep on at night. She doesn't move around very much at all, even if you take her out. As stated, I bath her every day and I have given some oil with pumpkin to her to see if I could get things moving (going to give more in a bit). Here are some pics, first is when I first got her and then just taken a few minutes ago. When she did poop, it was huge and very smelly (in the tub). Only one poop in 2 weeks. Help me. I want her to be ok. This is my first beardie and I love her so much, she is a very sweet girl. Thank you. Also took a pic of what I am finding in places in her tank, is this pee? (hope I did the pics right.)

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/pappy1264/media/Gwen2_zps4665facb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=23

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/pappy1264/media/Gwen4_zps91985bec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/pappy1264/media/Gwenpee1_zpsd1012ff2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom