Worried about redness around nostril

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscpsycho

My beardie is four years old and has been very healthy. He weights 23oz which is down from 27oz which was his previous high weight last October before brumating.

About a month ago I got really strict with his feeding because he developed some terrible habits. Around the time I first noticed this discoloration I was feeding him squash baby food and I thought it was just dried baby food on his face. But it's not going away, even when I try to wipe it off with a wet towel. That means it's probably not blood either. So either the baby food discolored his scales until the next shed, or something is up.

He has this red mainly around one nostril and his lower lip on the same side. I also noticed a couple of red spots on the top of his head but I can't say for sure if those are new or have always been there. After four years, you think you'd know for sure.

I have not noticed any changes in his behavior, his appetite is good and his activity level is normal. As far as I can tell, nothing out of the ordinary. But I am still trying to get his diet right so he's not eating as much as he is used to eating while I try to break the bad habits. However, there are always greens in his enclosure in case he gets hungry enough to eat them. I'm not starving him.

Anyway, here are photos of the side with the redness, the side without redness and the top of his head. Any feedback?
87592-9019468547.jpg
87592-5976007003.jpg
87592-2710481677.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what those are. They do look like stains. It's good that he's active and behaving normally. I would keep an eye on those areas and see if they change after the next face shed. If he starts acting lethargic or if the areas start to look worse, I'd have a vet run a test on the skin to find out what's g oing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom