Won't sleep. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new beardie won't sleep at all! When we first turned the lights off she was scratching to be let out and I'm not so sure what to do. Her sister is in a different cage, and went right to sleep once her lights are off..

But my poor baby is just sitting right under the screen on her branches trying to get to the light. Should I keep them on? I have a red bulb light for night time that came with her.. I'm just not sure if I should use it or not!
She's about 12 inches long.
Is 1 1/2 years old.
At night the encloser is about 70.
She lives on some sand.
And she ate three superworms and about20 crickets a day. Along with some bell peppers and some greens.

Remember I'm a new owner so I'm not sure about everything that needs to happen!

Thank you in advance!

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
No on the red light. That will disrupt sleep. Do you stay up late? Make noise near her tank close to bedtime? If so, then try quieting down when she's goin to sleep. :D maybe put a blanket or towel over the enclosure

MyLoveThumbelina

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure it was the tv that was keeping her awake then. But I ended up wrapping her up in a blanket and she was out! Thank you for your help! Me and her are still getting used to each other. :)

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
No problem! I go to sleep late, and use the computer a lot late, so I cover him up with an old blanket! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom