wont poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

my little beardie (just a baby) has been eating very well since i got him. he ate a dozen crickets 4 days ago then skipped thanksgiving then had 10 crickets last night and is eating more right now as we speak...but he has not pooped?! i just gave him a nice warm bath this morning and he likes to drink water out of a dropper but hasnt pooped? I was also wondering how to get him to eat fruir and vegeatbles...i put them in there and they just dry up because he doesnt touch them. :roll: :help:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Well, for one thing, for a baby he's not eating very much. Is that as much as he'll take, or as much as you're offering? If he's only taking that many, you may want to get smaller crickets.. babies tend to like smaller ones, probably easier for them to chew. (my smallest CAN eat 1/2".. but she'll only have about 8. When I offer 1/4-3/8"s, she'll eat over 50.) As for the veggies, there's not much you can do, but DON'T stop offering. He'll come around eventually. Baby dragons are like little kids and tend to stick their nose up at greens. You can try suggestions from http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html to see if there's anything that will tempt him.

For the pooping, you can try feeding him a little sugar-free applesauce to see if that gets things moving.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Actually, yes, there is. Babies are expected to eat 50-100 crickets from Day 1. Miss Priss was only 9 inches and had no trouble eating 50+. You should be offering as many as he will eat in 15 minutes 2-3x a day.

tylerl19

Original Poster
he eats bigger than pin heads. about the size between his eyes...he is as ling as my middle finger

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Don't get caught up in the numbers of crickets. As long as the temps are right and the baby is hydrated they eat and poop as their metabolism permits. Small feedings 3-5 times a day can get the most food into them but activity and a healthy diet will make you both happier. I have grown more than 20 babies from various breeders the last year and a half (making me only a novice), and kept them all,and they all have differences in appetite. Comparing them to what people claim on the boards can be difficult. Based on genetics and cage conditions they will only grow so fast, some actually grow considerably after the first 9 months.

That being said, it gets warm, they eat a little, they drink a little, they poop a little.

Jeff

not sure about what "as ling as my middle finger" meant but I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom