Wont eat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
So Gizmo is about 3 now, she came out of brumination and we had a very mad week where she was constantly scratch etc. Then we got a few bad days, in which she slowed down (and didnt eat) shes very perky now a bit more vrrrum in her, but shes still not eating! I can get her to eat about 4 butters a week for the past month!

Her colors are very good, shes full of energy , no poop but then nothing is going in, her Arcadia 12% is only 3 months old, temps are spot on (102 basking, 73 cool measured using a temp gun). Im starting to get a little worried now! Does anyone have any ideas??

MissT

BD.org Addict
Bump!!!

How long has she been out of brumation?? Could be her system is just taking a while to get back into the swing of eating!!!
Perhaps have a fecal checked??

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
her last one was a good formed and non smelly one, but shes just not pooping (nothing going in!) Shes been out about 2 months properly but she just slowed down a bit, never fully went to sleep. Shes been tearing up the cage again this week, so maybe the cold weather just inter-upped her?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Weather does effect reptiles, from what I have seen in mine. On rainy, cooler days, mine don't tend to do a whole lot of moving around. Sunny warmer days, however, they are usually quite active.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I just had a thought occur to me.. She is just up from brumation you say ? Really active ? Do you by chance have a second dragon, male ?
It could be she is ready to breed, and is acting out..

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No she my only reptile ( :( not that i dont want more!)

She layed eggs this time last year, but shes not showing the normal signs, just pacing and running, already have the lay box ready though just in case! poor girl is beginning to wear her nails down!

Still not food, but i figure she will eat when she wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom