won't eat, always hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
My dragons were treated for coccidia last month. They had me worried for a while, and were doing better.

But Bane has stopped eating on me again, and she's starting to lose weight. And she is always trying to hide under her newspaper. I haven't resorted to force feeding again just yet, but I'm thinking of it. I haven't resorted to it yet, because she's not acting sick. She's still very alert, even when hiding under the newspaper. She makes all these burrows so she can still see what's going on. She's not sleeping under there. She has no stress marks, or darkening of color. If I block off access to her "hide" then she becomes almost manic about getting back under it. You'd think there was an all you can eat buffet of crickets and roaches under there. She will tear her newspaper to shreds trying to get under there. During bath times, she's swimming like a fish the whole time.

She still acts hungry. She waits by her salad bowl, and glass dances when it's time for bugs. but when they're offered she snubs her nose at them. In the last week, she's eaten no bugs, and it's debatable that she ate any of her salads. We're actually due for a fecal recheck, but she hasn't gone to the bathroom in a week.

I don't know what to do right now. She has me perplexed. I'm not sure if I should be more aggressive with treatment (force feeding, and taking away her hiding access), or just leave her be. It's almost like she's trying to semi-brumate. I estimate her to be about 8 months, but I could be wrong. She was a pet store rescue.

Any advice, thoughts?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Mine did this about a month back, stopped eating for about a month but still very active ..
I would keep an eye on the weight,
Id try and get that faecal done there might be something that needs treating ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom