wont digest crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeegy

Just recently my beardie hasn't been digesting his crickets all the way. Theres literally cricket legs in his poop and its very very smelly. We've never experienced this before..whats happening???
He's in a 55gal viv with a 100watt basking spot, reptisun 10.0 tube, and i think its a 50 watt ceramic heat emitter.
He eats the crickets like crazy, his appetite is great, he dances quite a bit....
The only thing that has changed in the last month is his lighting, we used to use the reptisun (i think) bulb..the one that has both uva and uvb. Anyway, his basking light is ususally around 98 degrees and hes about to turn 2. One other note, we are taking him in to see the vet Wednesday, Im worried that he has yellow fungus.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His basking light is "usually" around 98?

Can you be more descriptive on what usually means? Basking temperatures shouldn't really vary... Are you measuring with an accurate device? If so, what?

When is the last time you had a fecal done?

-Brandon

smeegy

Original Poster
I mean 98-100 but never under 98.. Right now im using a digital thermometer the yellow one you can find at petco. I'm ordering a gun though!!

He's never had a fecal done! He goes Wednesday and I was going to call them tomorrow to see if i should bring a sample in just in case..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would bring a sample in anyways. It is usually no trouble for any reputable vet to perform a fecal test.

How old is your dragon? 98-100 is kind of low for a baby-juvie. 105~ would be better.

-Brandon

smeegy

Original Poster
Okay, I'll definitely do that. I think hes going to be 2 in March? Im not 100% on that bus hes 20 inches

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For an adult then, that is a decent temp.

Lets see how the fecal is, and then go from there.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom