Wondering why Slip does this sometimes. Video attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Hey beardie world, I wanted your opinion why my girl does this sometimes when I pet her and at random times from what I read everyone says it's a respitory infection but I'm not sure if it is she's tottaly healthy but just in case I got her a vet apt. In 2 days to figure it out. Managed to get a video of her doing this and turn the volume up to listen to the noise she makes. https://youtu.be/fJA85ASInSg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks more like a burp or air bubble to me. When I've see a RI there was more mouth opening and a lot of thick mucous in the mouth along with some bubbling around the nose.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I also looked for that and to be honest she seems perfectly healthy, but I know they hide being sick well she's done this for a couple months now it seems to only happen when I touch her like she's saying something to me haha idk she's going to the vet Thursday and I just took a fecal in today so I'm gonna figure it out. Thanks cooper

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I know I'm not but I haven't had her blood work done yet so I need to take care of it, figured I ask the vet what he thinks about it. And Yea she looks happy.
85583-2155376883.jpg

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea she will do it more often when I touch her but not every time. And also she does it sometimes on her own throughout the day but as far as breathing she's not laboring or taking forced inhale exhales I mean I can see her ribs go in and out but I'm assuming that's normal breathing for a dragon.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Glad I took Slips stool sample inn yesterday she's infected with parasites.Now I can start to get her better.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good to get out ahead of that. How bad was the infection? Hopefully a quick course of meds and some probiotics will take care of things in a hurry.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Slip is starting on panacur and albon today will she handle those fine or should I get a probiotic while she's on these and what's the best one I should get?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd use a probiotic. Albon can be especially harsh on their systems. I suggest using either Acidophiliz+ or Bene-Bac gel.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I had to get home so I could give her the meds I didn't want to wait another minute I just want her well again and idk how long she's had the parasites chances are it's been awhile, so I picked up some soy yogurt for now and she like it.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Both of my dragons stopped eating during and after parasite treatment. You may want to order, or see if your vet carries it, some Oxbow Critical Care or Carnivore Care (whichever is applicable to Slip's age). Or you could use organic chicken baby food and squash baby food mixture for syringe feeding, if your dragon goes off food. Sometimes you can find benebac at Petco, just don't expect the employees to know what you're asking for. I found it close to the bird and hamster section, but is was the powder form and not the gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom