wondering about night time heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am building a new viv and i was wondering would i be better off going with the heat matt under the viv or with the night glo in opposit end as the heat lamp. another thing is there any difference in a night glo bulb and a black light or is it just a money scame like the most of the lights..{not including uv lights off coarse. thanks

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
neither. Unless your house gets below 65F at night, you don't need anything. If it does, use a ceramic heat emitter.

They can't sense heat from below, and those things along with heat rocks are known to overheat, and it could seriously burn your lizard. The black lights are no good because they need complete darkness to sleep.

Martinoheat

Original Poster
well with my old dragon i had i used a heat rock but i had it bariied under other rocks so he coald not actually touch it but it still krpt the temp up in his tank. also as for the repti night light i use one on one of my dragons now just opn the top of his tank for heat in the night but he sleep fine with it but if ya say so i guess i dont need anything. so like 20 room tempurature is fine cool man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom